nellie maria locke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
    Of all the Nellie Locke (including variants) entries that came up on 1911 this is one where parents not shown

ANSTEAD, Herbert Head M 39 1872 Carpenter Weybridge Surrey
    ANSTEAD, Florence Wife Married F 36 1875 Andover Hampshire
    ANSTEAD, Vera Son F 0 (8 MONTHS) 1911 Wimbledon Surrey
    LOCK, Lily Boarder Single F 18 1893 Drapers Assistant Dealer Andover Hampshire
    LOCK, Nellie Visitor F 5 1906 Andover Hampshire <<<<<<<<<
    RG14PN3485 RG78PN130 RD40 SD1 ED23 SN1
    Address:
    2 Nelson Road Wimbledon S W

Might be worth tracking through.

Margaret

PS corrected arrows as they pointed to Lily not Nellie - duhh!

What are the odds for this. My Mum's sister and family lived at 2 Nelson Road, Wimbledon from the 1950's until her death in 2002.
    Last edited by Old Holborn; 14-05-12, 12:13.
    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

Originally posted by Old Holborn View Post
      What are the odds for this. My Mum's sister and family lived at 2 Nelson Road, Wimbledon from the 1950's until her death in 2002.
      Very long indeed! How spooky!

Margaret

Comment

Hi
        i may have some info for you regarding Nellie Locke. Nellie's parents were Edward Locke and Sarah Locke(nee Beasley).
        Edward and Sarah had 10 children one of whom was Nellie, Nellie was born near Birmingham. One of Nellie's brothers was William Ernest Locke (born 1904) who is my Grandfather! Nellie would therefore be my Great Aunt. The reason part of the family can be found in Devon is that Allegedly Nellies father got drunk one night fell into a river and drowned. Their mother (Sarah) could not afford to keep all the children so she put all but my Grandfather and one of his elder sisters (Elsie) up for adoption/sent to live with other relatives. We are therefore related. My maiden name was Locke. Thanks Jodie

Comment

Working...
        X