No announcement yet.

Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 1939 an Arthur & Ethel MckEnna living 30 Huddart St Stepney.
    Moggie

Comment

• I am not sure the McKanna's in Stepney are the right ones? Never heard of an Ellen and they seem like a complete family. I would have thought it would have been just Arthur and Ethel.

Hi Steven
      You are right this is a different family. Your Arthur's parents were Arthur & Mary Ann.
      Moggie

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up moggie. I have emailed Amanda to see if she has an address on her fathers birth certificate and then see if I can find the McKanna's from there.

Pity the er's for Ilford were not available

Steven

Comment

• Hi Steven
          I don't think the Ilford ERs will be coming online because it comes under Essex & the new ERs on Ancestry are all London based but at least you have been able to establish just when the Mckannas moved to Deacon Street.
          Moggie

Comment

• have you found out anything yet Steve ?

Comment

• Hi Val the death certificate for Essex went missing so I got GRO to order a copy but not received yet. Amanda is away to see her dad this weekend and see if there is an address on his birth certificate from 1932. I was then hoping to try an ER search once I know that address. Hopefully it's in Ilford as Redbridge Library are certainly the most helpful. Hopefully if I can get the McKanna's on the ER then Clara might be with them.

Unfortunately it's a waiting game just now and that's not my best skill!!!!!!

Hopefully I will get the Essex cert this week and if that's a no then i need to have a rethink. I did order it previously but is the only cert I have EVER lost and I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything first time around.

I had a really good look through the London ER's on ancestry and the McKanna's only appear in Southwark about 1951 and the only other place they lived at is Ilford so fingers crossed Amanda can come up with an address. Will keep you posted and thanks for asking

Steven

Ps I had a really good look through deaths over Xmas when I had some time on my hands and just can't see any other likely deaths. Checked all the Ward's, Rolfe's and Pettit's. IF and that's a big if, the 1911 census is right and Clara was married 3 years in 1911 then maybe Clara has a surname I have never come across. If that's the case I think finding her on an ER is the ONLY chance I have left I think
              Last edited by stevie2006; 21-01-12, 15:24.

Comment

• I still dont think she remarried ??? surely one of her family would have known ? I'm as interested as you probably are in finding it so good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Steve - I was wondering what was happening but as you say just waiting at the moment.
                  Margaret

Comment

• I know Val surely someone would have known. My dad was born 1947 but cannot remember Clara but his dad never mentioned anything. My dad's cousin again never met her but cannot recall her being married and Amanda said that Clara lived with her father and his parents Arthur and Ethel but again no mention of a husband. Never had any brick wall of this size before and the members of FTF have always helped me find anyone else. Clara is the only one I haven't successfully found.

I probably need to start looking for other branches to look into but until I find Clara I haven't the same urgency!!!!!

Thanks Margaret it's nice to know some people are interested in Clara my worry is that I bore the members to death with my ramblings and searches!!!!!!

Will keep you posted and everything crossed for a new lead

Steven

Comment

• Oh No! we never get bored of people's puzzles that's why we all come on here to get involved!!

Margaret

Comment

• Although I don't contribute I do follow your Clara story and as Margaret said - "we never get bored".
                        One day Steven! Keep up the good work every one!
                        herky
                        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

• Oh no Steven, not bored, just waiting for a bit of a lead
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Thats the cert in for Essex South Western and unfortunately its not Clara - it says wife of Thomas Edward Ward - master builder and informant is a T E Ward (son). Her address was given as 33 Waverley Road, Woodford and her son's address was 11 Ilford Street, Waterloo. Date of death is given as 3/3/1943. Nothing there looks like its her.

Only thing I can do is wait to see if Amanda comes up with an address on her father's birth cert

Any other suggestions welcome!!!!!

Steven

Comment

• Oh heck! what a disappointment.

Will have a think but I fear we have exhausted most of the possibilities bearing in mind the information you have from your relatives

Margaret

Comment

• do any of the ones you do have give a birth date at all ??
                                Can we have a list of the ones you do have Steve?

Comment

• Do you know where Charles the first husband is buried? she might have been put in with him. Also her parents?

Clutching at straws now! LOL

Comment

• Hi Val I will look out all the certs I have and summarise all the information

Amanda came back with some addresses

"The address on dad's birth certificate, 24 Amity Rd, Stratford/West Ham registration area, West Ham - sub-district, Forest Gate

He said they lived in Bow/Stratford pre the war.

Another address he lived at was 30 Huddart St E3, Bow

and moved to Hamilton Rd, Ilford. Aunt Bella lived just around the corner in Ley Street with Bob possibly, then she lived in Paget St, Ilford.

Hilda lived in Mayville Rd, Ilford"

Does anyone know what area Straford would come under - my thought is to try an ER search for 1932

Steven

Comment

• Stratford is in the London Borough of Newham now and probably the same at the time we are thinking of.

Margaret

Comment

• In 1939 an Arthur & Ethel MckEnna living 30 Huddart St Stepney.
                                        Moggie

Hi Steven from my post #441

Moggie

Comment

• Ancestry only seem to have 1848 for Stratford ERs. :(
                                          Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                          X