Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another one to think about

Clara L Dawson abt 1867 Oct-Nov-Dec 1946 Ilford Essex

Although knocking years off your age would not produce and earlier birth year!! LOL - too much wine must get to bed.
    Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 26-12-11, 21:40.

Comment

• Great idea Margaret but unfortunately I suspect that could possibly be Clara Louisa Ensoll (born 1867 Marylebone) who married Harry Judd Dawson (born Henry Judd Dawson in 1867) in West Ham in 1897. Henry possibly died in Poplar in 1911 aged 44. No idea why that Clara would be in Ilford but.........
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 27-12-11, 10:19.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
        Great idea Margaret but unfortunately I suspect that could possibly be Clara Louisa Ensoll (born 1867 Marylebone) who married Harry Judd Dawson (born Henry Judd Dawson in 1867) in West Ham in 1897. Henry possibly died in Poplar in 1911 aged 44. No idea why that Clara would be in Ilford but.........
        Thanks Chrissie

A lot of people moved outwards from east London to Ilford and Romford and all stops out to Southend!

Margaret

Comment

• Thanks Chrissie for ruling out another and thanks for finding some more Margaret.

Is the Clara Heath worth a shout or should I play about with the year of birth some more if Clara was being economical with her age?

Steven

Comment

• It might be an idea to see what else there is using the revised year of birth to fit the 1911 age and then decide from amongst the results what looks most likely.

We need also to see if we can find those named in order to rule them in or out. Haven't had chance to look at Clara Heath just yet.

Margaret

Comment

• Can't see anything obvious in 1901 or anywhere for that matter for James Heath b1881 Stratford.

Margaret

Comment

• Thanks again Margaret yes I agree I will have another look using some later birth dates and see if there is anything. Clara Heath still looks possible as nothing has turned up to discount it so far

Steven

Comment

• have been looking for a James born abt 1881 that could match your James Ward
                  RG13 1593 84 9
                  what about James Wright abt 1881 High Ongar (although Stratford is crossed out ) Essex a Labourer Brother in law living with a Charles Monk a Railway Engine Driver
                  at 99 Henniker Road West Ham
                  as your Clara's Husband had the same occupation as Charles maybe they had met ????
                  plus unless I have missed him cannot find him in 1911

ignore this if you think I may be mad

Comment

• I think Charles Ward was a 'stationery' engine driver and worked in a brewery where he died.

But it is an interesting thought/find.
                    Margaret

Comment

• Although I think that Clara L Heath death is worth bearing in mind Steven I don't think we should put too much store by it without a lot more research. I only found it because I was working on Clara L first. I have no doubt there will be many other possibilities under just Clara.
                      I only mentioned it in case anyone else wanted to try and check her out. Please don't get too excited yet

I am going to be quite busy until after the new year but I hope to keep looking when I can.

Comment

• p.s. I keep meaning to ask - we are SURE that Clara is yours in 1911 aren't we? I would hate to think it was throwing us off the real scent.

Comment

• I think it has to be Chrissie. On the 1911 census three of the children were correct - Charley, Grace and Hilda ands we know that Elizabeth Ethel was living as a servant and Isabella was in St Judes Home and the remaining sibling we think was in Leicestershire as a serving girl. The census said that there were 7 children of whom 6 were alive and that ties up. Surely there couldn't have been 2 Clara Wards both with the same number of children and with the same names? What threw us was the fact that it said she had been married 3 years and that a James Ward age 30 was listed there as head of the family and a dockyard labourer.

Clara age is down as 38 and her actual age should have been around 42 but as James was a bit younger she was maybe economical with her age?

Val - as far as I know Charles Ward was a brewery engineer then foreman but thanks for another really good angle

Thanks again

Steven

Comment

• I agree with Chrissie that we need to research some more into Clara L Heath and any other possible deaths before saying with any degree of certainty which one could be yours.

Margaret

Comment

• Can you tell me where Clara was living in 1911 please and when Charley was born? I can only find one Charley with a mother Clara and it isn't them.

Comment

• Hi Chrissie the address was 27 Hartland, Road in London.

Steven

Comment

• Thank you Steve and how old was Charley please?
                                  I keep finding myself on the page with Charley - Mary and Ellen.

Comment

• according to FMP Charley was born abt 1897 in Stratford Essex and they are living in 27 Hartland Road West Ham Stratford Essex

Comment

• Thanks Val but I still can't find him with mother Clara. I have to go now so will try again next time.

Comment

• Charley is 14, Grace is 9 and Hilda is 6

Steven

Comment

• James Ward.jpgthis might help Chrissie hope so

Comment

Working...
                                          X