Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure what to think just yet.

Let's wait and see what you find out from the ERs - her name is not going to be on it for 1911 I don't think, because women didn't necessarily have the vote then but maybe we'll get a lead on James and if his surname is not Ward we might then know what she might have called herself in later years.

If she just assumed a new surname and maybe was known by a different first name then you'll not likely find her death unless you get some other clues.

Margaret

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
      Val

can you add the url link to it on ancestry please, i'm having a heck of a time trying to find it. ta
      Here it is http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...st+Gate.36.184 just had great fun finding it in ancestry labyrinth of images!!

Margaret

Comment

• Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
        Here it is http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...st+Gate.36.184 just had great fun finding it in ancestry labyrinth of images!!

Margaret
        hmmn thanks Margaret, I was kind of hoping that we might glean something from the transcript of the names.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
          hmmn thanks Margaret, I was kind of hoping that we might glean something from the transcript of the names.
          I couldn't see anything and I got excited over another Ward listed for the same street but then after a lot of messing about found it was mis-transcribed and was actually another street!!

I think there has been something odd going on as I said before it looks to me that initially the schedule was completed with Clara as the head of the household but it was then altered to Mr Ward from Mrs Ward on the address sheet so it was clearly not straightforward.

Margaret
          Last edited by margaretmarch; 12-12-11, 12:54.

Comment

• I'm sorry if I keep covering old ground but don't I remember earlier that we wondered if James was Charles older brother who had moved in so that she didn't lose the children or something? Does anyone remember whether we checked that out as a possibility please?
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Two paternal uncles were named in the Children's Society records. Jack Ward & Bill Ward, both said to be out of work & with families c1905.
              Moggie

Comment

• Thanks Moggie

Comment

• I think we came to a view that his names was James for sure but that his surname was possibly something else and it was put down as Ward to look right!

Although Clara does she has been married to James for 3 years but there is no trace of that so far.
                  Margaret

Comment

• First knockback - Southwark library won't do searches of the ER's for a third party although I am related!!!! I was hoping they would search Deacon Street in Ilford and see if Clara was living there. I know Ethel died there in 1960 so thought it was worth a try. Not looking good

Steven

Comment

• If it was Deacon Street in Ilford the library in Southwark won't have access to that.

I expect they mean they just don't do it for the public as you can go and look yourself (in theory).
                      Margaret

Comment

• Hi Margaret I should have been clearer - the address was 58 Deacon Street, Southwark on Ethels' death certificate

Steven

Comment

• I looked up my grandad's WW2 record and I have 2 addresses. The first was when he joined up in 1940 and it was 61 Thornton Road, Ilford in Essex about 4 doors away from where I thought Ethel and Arthur McKanna were living ie number 57. He then changes address during the War to 88a Ley Street, Ilford. I know his mother Isabel Smith (2nd married name Rolfe) lived there until her death around 1984.

Hi Steven
                          Do your grandad's service records give his next on kin (father) at the 2 addresses.
                          Reading between the lines it looks like his parents moved sometime after 1940.
                          Ruby Smith who died in 1939 was registered in West Ham, do you think it worth getting her death certificate for the address?
                          Moggie

Comment

• Great call moggie here is a copy but I might need some help reading the address!!

Comment

• looks like 4 Mayville or Maryville Road Ilford

its Mayville look here

Last edited by Guest; 12-12-11, 18:48.

Comment

• It looks more like 74 to me Val? SORRY - ignore that, I was looking in the wrong place.

Comment

• In column 5 for occupation it seems to say 74 Mayville Road.

Margaret

Comment

• That's where I was looking Margaret.

Comment

• Perhaps Ruby lived separate from her parents? The address in the other column is that of the informant.
                                      Margaret

Comment

• Rubys address looks like 74 Mayville Road, whereas, the mothers address looks to be 4, Mayville Rd.

Myocarditis & Endocarditis are and inflammation of the heart and heart chambers I think. poor kid, and to be lumbered with Chronic Rheumatism too.
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Thanks Chrissie, Val and Margaret very much with the help with the address - I will email my contact at Redbridge who has helped with the Ilford addresses to see if they can do an ER search

Steven

Comment

Working...
                                          X