X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickthesparks View Post
      Whilst you are correct in almost everything ,we do i9n fact have confirmation that John Harrison was a signwriter as it gives the occupation of father on all birth certificates which we have,also we have found him listed in Devizes Directory.Please try to help if you can.Thank you Michael
      Does it show an address in the directory and what year(s) does it apply to? Was there a business name, or does it say John Harrison, Signwriter....

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
        Have you tried searching the 1901 and 1911 censuses for men with the surname Harrison whose occupation is signwriter or sign writer, just in case he inherited the trade from his father?
        I've looked for John/Jack Harrison b1902 in the 1911 census and there's none living with a father who was a signwriter.
        Margaret

Comment

There are 48 John Harrison births in UK for 1902 not as many as might be feared.
          Margaret

Comment

Thank you we have in fact via Ancestry found all the John Harrisons born 1902 but died after 1936 & are going through them ,we found there were 39 of them,we bought all of the death certificates of these 39 people, this cost me & my sister nearly £300.00 none of them was a signwriter,we probably would need to search a few years each side of 1902 but just cant afford it .

Comment

Yes I do have her death certificate but remember she was legally still married to Thomas Froggatt , on the death certificate she is listed as wife of Thomas Froggatt,no mention of John Harrison.

Comment

I will try this but every birth certificate of the four children & also Barnardos info all list him as John Harrison no middle name.

Comment

Hello thanks for your interest,unfortunately nothing in our files in Barnardos regarding this,I get the impression that in 1936 they were only interested in the children,not interested in maintaining family connections, or relationships,which is why I went 35 years not knowing I had brothers & sisters.

Comment

who was the informant on your mothers death certifcate?

Comment

Have you considered asking local ie Devizes TV to do a piece on your search especially as it has cost you so much money and you had such an awful struggle finding your siblings? just maybe someones memory might get jogged for you.
                      Angelina

Comment

The Informant was John Harrison ,listed as caring the body!No other info,sorry been away a few days.

Comment

Are you sure it doesn't say "causing the body to be buried"? That's quite common on death certs.

Comment

You are right but writing not good but I think it does say "causing the body to be buried" & gives the address in Devizes(13 Roseland Ave) which is the same address at which I was born,no other info,is this significant or helpful to me ???? The death was registered on the day she died ,on 9th March 1936,informant given as J.Harrison of 13 Roseland Ave Devizes.

Comment

"Causing the body to be buried" just means that the informant is the person who arranged the funeral, so it doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know, I'm afraid. It's the wording generally used when the informant wasn't a relative.

Comment

Working...
                              X