X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gill,

There's a printable application form here:

Certificates

(click on the bit that says: Or you may download a copy and post it to us.
    (Death Certificate.pdf - 33.51k))

Just fill it in (the GRO ref numbers (Register number: B1 Entry Number: 49) will not be required) and send with a cheque for £7 as requested. Write on the form that you only want the certificate if the maiden name of the woman shows as Knight. Send an SAE too.

Hopefully if the cert isn't the right one they will return your chq in the SAE!!

Good Luck

Comment

Well I've got a busy day tomorrow/ I have managed to find the local records office and very cheekily e mailed them to ask them to check if the maiden name is Knight. If they are not able to do this then I will definitely get the cert and keep you all posted. thanks again for all of your help. I only wish I could help someone out but I am either not quick enough or have insufficient knowledge! Thanks again

Comment

Gill

Not the Records Office, but the Register Office for certs.

(Well done Merry, that looks like a good un!)

OC

Comment

Will report back to you all when I have something to tell or even that I have drawn another blank. Thanks again.

Comment

Tonight's update is I have checked with the Records Office and they have confirmed on the phone that Dorothy Pratt has the maiden name of Knight on the death certificate so have now ordered the certificate and wait to see what comes. Will post again when it is received. Thanks for all your help.
            I will also look further into the informant on the death certificate.

Comment

Working...
            X