Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Angela - just to let you know I have edited your information on post #7 . We do not allow members to copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it is a breach of copyright.
    You need to do a transcription of the facts - similar to what I have done above.

Leave a comment:

• ajchambers8
    replied
    Also the german naming system was odd, first names were often not the name they went by they often swapped round first and second names

Leave a comment:

• ajchambers8
    replied
    oops the year is on the death entry

Leave a comment:

• ajchambers8
    replied
    She comes up on the 1881 census
    1881 England Census
    Ann Schiller born c1842 St James, Middlesex
    Relation to head of household - Sister in Law
    Street Address: 25 Dagmar R oad

The 1891 census
    Annie Schiller b c1841 -City, London
    Relation to head of household - Sister-in-law
    living in Stratford Le Bow St Mary

The death is
    England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915
    Annie C A A C Von Schiller
    1896 3rd quarter
    Age at Death - 57
    Hackney - vol 1b, page 356

Im not entirely sure where I got 1839, I am sure it was on a document though

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Originally posted by ajchambers8 View Post
    ... the eldest child on that 1851 censes is
    Ada Annie C Von Schiller Birth 1839 Middlesex, which wold indicate that the family would be in england on the 1841 census...
    Where have you got this name from as the eldest child on the 1851 census appears to be Anna von Schiller born 1840 Long Acre
    Do you have any birth or baptism records - if so is there an address?

Leave a comment:

• ajchambers8
    replied
    Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
    Do you have the reference for the 1851 census?
    the image, poor as it is, is located here http://o.mfcreative.com/f2/file04/ob...f95169f8-0.jpg

If that will come up!.... I did look at the following page but there was the start of another household, catherines didnt continue

Leave a comment:

• ajchambers8
    replied
    Originally posted by gortonboy View Post
    hi,,i have frederick in the 1891/1901 and 1911 censuses...on the 1891 census it states he was born BERLIN,,,not bulin ?
    We thought it said Berlin at first... are you sure it is Berlin ? we had found a place that is now part of Poland called Bulin

I have the censuses from 1881 onwards, but thanks so much for looking!

Leave a comment:

• gortonboy
    replied
    hi,,i have frederick in the 1891/1901 and 1911 censuses...on the 1891 census it states he was born BERLIN,,,not bulin ?

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Do you have the reference for the 1851 census?

Leave a comment:

• jane mercy von Schiller, Schiller,Tenner

Hi there, I am looking for some help with this line, its a bit complicated and there is a sad story with it.
    Another set of Great great grandparents, Jane Mercy von Schiller born 1850 and Frederick Henry Tenner (often documented as simply Fritz Tenner) born abt 1846 Bulin Germany (now part of Poland)...they married 13 april 1873 st marys parish church whitechapel (I have the cert) janes father Frederick Otto von Schiller, dealer in artists colours and traveller had died by then born abt 1773 died 1849, I will tell you more about that as there in lay a sad tale!... Fritz's father was also dead by this point and had been Heinrich Tenner.

starting with my great great grandmother, these are the facts I have certs for these
    Jane mercy Von Schiller
    16 jan 1850
    in 11 president st east , St Lukes, London, England
    Death 15 Aug 1928
    in Hackney Hospital

Now the first census I have Jane on is the 1881 census after she has married fritz....I manually searched the 1851 census for the addresss jane was born in as it was a year later, I found the family the mother Catherine Offental or Ottental born in Germany, was a boarding house keeper, and widow... her husband (who was exteremly older than her) had died a few months prior to Janes birth of cholora, two weeks after he died, janes brother also died...they died in Hill street Newington surrey and were all buried in st Peters walworth.... the graves since moved to brookfield cememtery.

There had also been twins that died ... janes mother buried a lot of babies sadly, and it must have been hard for a woman who was a german imigrant to have survived in the hard world of Londons east end in the mid 1800's... but this courageous woman did prevail... dying in her daughters house many many years later.

On the 1851 census, there is one puzzle to be solved... there is a child with janes birth year of 1850 but it isnt Jane, it is a child Isobel, who can not be found anywhere before or since 1851....jane is not there, and given her long rather distinctive name it does appear odd she isnt there as here other siblings certainly are.... the eldest child on that 1851 censes is
    Ada Annie C Von Schiller Birth 1839 Middlesex, which wold indicate that the family would be in england on the 1841 census...I can not find them...
    nor can they be found on the 1861, 1871 census....

where can they be?...it is worth mentioning that they use the 'von' part of their name on and off as and when they seem to feel like it which doesnt help!...nor does the german naming system, their first names seem to interchange all over the place....

...and Fritz....frederick henry Tenner born abt 1846 in Germany, where can he be hiding?...his first appearance seems to be the marriage cert too... he is a cabinet maker, which he remains as all his life, he dies in Hackney Union (hackney hospital) in 1917 of stomach cancer....

I am satisfied I now have Fritz and Janes childrens names correct, I was helped by the baptism records that exist for their first 3 children which yeiled addresses.

I know I will never know about why they came to england there is a theory that they fled their home land and had been monied at some point, but I guess everyone has a similar tale on their tree somewhere!...I would love to find out anything I can... I do not even know when the von Schillers married, nor where they wed....how long they had been here etc

If you can help fill in some missing years for me you would be doing me a huge favour which I would appreciate immensely.

Angela xxx
Working...
X