• Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY YAY YAY I'm as excited as if it were my own family :Big Grin:

I've found his birth at last -

Harry George St George - Oct-Dec 1860 - Stamford 7a 241
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

YAY! Chrissie.. though I'm just worried now that it isnt him/them.

I dont suppose we have a marriage for him, if we can find that then i will be convinced that i've been on the right track, as it is at the mo, I'm just not convinced, it doesnt help when the family change names so much :F
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I agree I'm just wading through marriages now :Big Grin:

p.s. I assume you mean the Matilda marriage?
        p.p.s. I'm not convinced it's Robson either
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-11-09, 10:28.

Comment

No Harry/Henry St George marriage to a Matilda from July 1896 (when Fanny died) to April-June 1898 after Matilda Emily St George was born :(
          That's trawling through the pages - not free BMD or asking Ancestry to search.

Either they didn't get married, got married late or I think I need to apologise for sending you up the garden path :emb: Back to the drawing board :emb:

Comment

I was just about to log off but I have another confession to make :emb:
            If that 1891 census does turn out to be the right one he could have married EITHER Fanny Beard or Fanny Mary Smith :emb:

I think in future I had better leave it to the experts :(
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-11-09, 11:30.

Comment

noo dont say that Chrissie, none of us are 'real' experts, we just get alot of practice looking for those elusive rellies :smilee:

thing is, it helps the person you are looking for info for and it helps you 'hone' your searching skills and look into possible new avenues of information.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Have you noticed that in 1901 the two brothers ages are switched going by 1911. Matilda has got William listed as the oldest.

Going back to basics Jane - what certificates have you got going backwards please? And are there any other clues. Also, how do you know that Matilda is their stepmother and not their mother? Are you guessing because of the age difference or do you know something else?

Comment

Working...
                X