Abbott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordan View Post
    [QUOTE Jordan] her father name was George Abbott on her married /cert, she died 1965 Paddington London age 76, if she had died after 1969 her birth would have been on the death/cert.
    That child Emily Mary Abbott bn 1891 Paddington London, she died 1891 Paddington London.

Comment

I think you'll find the Emma Marion Abbott born in Barnstaple, Devon in 1888 is yours (see my earlier messages).

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
        Births Dec 1909

Goodbody Mabel Queenie Marylebone 1a 461
        That is Emily Abbott and Walter Goodbody daughter....she was born same year as her parents got married.
        thank you anyway

Comment

Abbott

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
          I think you'll find the Emma Marion Abbott born in Barnstaple, Devon in 1888 is yours (see my earlier messages).
          Thank you every much for your help, my sister said to me that the Abbott came from Devon, but i put it to one side when i was looking for my grandmother's birth/cert.

Becouse her name as we knew was Emily Marianne which was on her married/cert, i found a birth/cert with Emily Ann....thinking Ann was short for Marianne...how wrong i was.

It's going to take a while for me to catch on that her name was Emma ...not Emily, all i need to do now if see if i can find any off those other siblings off this Emma, to find out more info.

Jordan

Comment

Good news Jordan - bet you are glad you joined the site now. I told you we had some super sleuths on here that might be able to help you.

Happy researching!
            Elaine

Comment

The names Emily and Emma were pretty much interchangeable in those days - people often used both versions.

Comment

Abbott

The names Emily and Emma were pretty much interchangeable in those days - people often used both versions.
                The only thing is on Emily md/cert her father was a Bricklayer, this George Abbott is a Stonemason.

I have looked on Genes-reunited to see if there is anyone looking for Emma Abbott born Barnstaple Devon, there were two contact for the same date and birth place.

So i sent them a message each hopeing they may have some info for me.

Jordan

Comment

Abbott

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  Good news Jordan - bet you are glad you joined the site now. I told you we had some super sleuths on here that might be able to help you.

Happy researching!
                  Thank you very much for your help at the beginning, i am glad that i stayed on this site now.

I was at first and did not know if it was free.

Jordan

Comment

If I remember rightly, he's a mason on the 1891 census, and a bricklayer on the 1901 census. He has the same wife and children, so it must be the same person.

Good luck with the contacts on Genes

Comment

Abbott

If I remember rightly, he's a mason on the 1891 census, and a bricklayer on the 1901 census. He has the same wife and children, so it must be the same person.

Good luck with the contacts on Genes
                      Thank you for your good luck on Genes, i will let you know if i have any news.

Jordan

Comment

By the way, I had a quick look for George in 1881 yesterday; I didn't find one born in Barnstaple, but there's a George Abbott of the right age who was born in Barum but living in Barnstaple:

Class: RG11; Piece: 2244; Folio: 48; Page: 7

In 1871 he's with the same parents, and his birthplace is shown as Barnstaple:

Class: RG10; Piece: 2183; Folio: 108; Page: 29

There's no Barum on the map, and according to Wikipedia it's an old name for Barnstaple which is sometimes still used.

Comment

Found My Grandmother's Family

By the way, I had a quick look for George in 1881 yesterday; I didn't find one born in Barnstaple, but there's a George Abbott of the right age who was born in Barum but living in Barnstaple:

Class: RG11; Piece: 2244; Folio: 48; Page: 7

In 1871 he's with the same parents, and his birthplace is shown as Barnstaple:

Class: RG10; Piece: 2183; Folio: 108; Page: 29

There's no Barum on the map, and according to Wikipedia it's an old name for Barnstaple which is sometimes still used.
                          Hi....i have heard back from Genes-Reunited, yes you were right:D it was my grandmother's family.

I contacted her and explained what had been happening, she wrote back and asked me some things about my grandmother,my aunt Mable and my grandfather Walter.

It turn's out her mother is my father 1st cousin[she is eighty now] she used to come to London to she her aunt mu that is what she called her and uncle walter.
                          As her daughter told her the Goodbody name she said yes that's Walter Goodbody.

We have spoken on the phone tonight as well, she is going to send a photo off her grandfather [my grandmother brother] and i'm sending her a photo off my grandmother.

I want to thank you very much for your help.

Jordan

Comment

Fantastic, I'm really pleased for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X