No announcement yet.

Your opinion on this photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They used stands a lot, though due to the long exposure time.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
      Look to the right of her neck, that's the edge of the stand...
      I can't see one... all I see is her hair in the nape of her neck.. :conf::conf:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If you enlarge it, her eyes look to be open ... they're pale coloured but she seems to be looking in a different direction to the child.
        Jean
        Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Originally posted by Jean and Tonic View Post
          If you enlarge it, her eyes look to be open ... they're pale coloured but she seems to be looking in a different direction to the child.
          Jean
          I agree - she seems to be looking down, and there seems to be a bit of a reflection on her glasses. I don't think she's dead.
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Trish@Somerset View Post
            I know the lady's name but as I have two people of the same name in my tree I'm not sure which one she is.
            Trish,
            Can you confirm that the 2 named persons you have were still alive on the 1881/1891 census....I've been following this thread over the last couple of days and found the comments very interesting....but now need to found out is she dead or what I think is that's she "blind"

Steve.
            Steve.
            Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

Steve

The lady is "nearsighted from birth" according to one census.

OC

Comment

OC
                What census date?
                Steve.
                Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

Have just got back from holiday to see the recent updates on this. I said earlier it reminded me of pictures of my great-aunt, who was blind, she did actually wear glasses, I think to protect her eyes in some way, maybe they were sensitive to draughts or something. When she went out, she had some with filled in sides.

Comment

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

would be interesting if some sort of m.d. looked at the photo. someone from a morgue would be able to tell.

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner. She can be found on the 1911 aged 46 - not sure about fashions for this era (or is she just dressed in old clothes?)
                        We still haven't heard back from the people who sent the photo (they're enjoying sunshine while they can) but when we do I'll ask permission to send it off to someone that may know for sure

Comment

Those glasses dont look 'plain' so I dont think she is/was blind.
                          Rigamortice sets in between 3 and 12 hours after death. At its peak it is near impossible to move the joints so depending on how they body was positioned or found thats the way it normally stays for the first 12 to 18 hours. Then the rigor fades and within a day or so it is normally very limp.
                          Who knows what contraptions are holding her up!
                          The little girl looks very cool but I would have thought she would be holding hands or not.... the almost compromised 'touch' is very very odd.
                          Yep... I now think she is dead lol. A few seconds exposure would not capture a blink. The most it would do is make the eyes look a little fuzzy but you would still see the eyes. The old girl had her eyes shut for the full exposure time.
                          John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Well, I'm embarassed to admit it, but when I was a young girl I used to hate having to touch my older relatives and would dread saying goodbye as it meant having to kiss them goodbye.

Perhaps this young girl felt the same way???

Still get the creeps looking at the photos though, but as someone else has said, perhaps it's the power of suggestion:roll-eyes:

Comment

Working...
                            X