Edwin Riddiford, what was he up to?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this page?

Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

OMG! Is this Superintendent Riddiford? He's the chap who investigated the death of Sarah Moss, who had her throat cut by my gt x 3 uncle William Mealing in Rendcombe, Gloucestershire in 1862!

According to the newspaper reports I have, Sarah had asked Mr Riddiford to get more maintenance money from the father of her 3-year-old illegitimate daughter. It says Mr Riddiford was in the habit of receiving the money from the father and handing it over to Sarah.

At the time of her death, Sarah was heavily pregnant with William's child. He was found innocent on the grounds of insanity (although he's named as murderer on Sarah's death cert) and spent the rest of his life in Broadmoor.
      Last edited by Little Nell; 14-08-10, 20:11.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

John has joined the site to get in touch with Clare - he had found her article from last year in the magazine!!

It looks as though there are some other unexpected connections. Isn't google great!
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Wow! I'm on holiday at the moment and picked up the messages by email, I will come back to everyone when I am back in the UK

Clare
          Clare

Comment

Working...
          X