Is Richard Helson the illegitimate son of Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Richard Helson the illegitimate son of Elizabeth

In my tree I have Elizabeth Helston born 1766 in Stoke climsland, Cornwall (daughter of Chydester & Elizabeth).

in Stoke Climsland there is grave for Richard Helson 1788/9 - 1853.

I've got lots of Helson from the area and haven't been able to link this grave in. Looking on ancestry and some has linked Richard as the illegitimate son of Elizabeth and given him the middle name Hawking. Helston / Helson is a common change so that doesn't worry me.

Cornwall OPC has a baptism for Richard Hawking as base child of Elizabeth.

I dont feel comfortable just accepting this all as the same people, but being in the 1700's are there ant more records I can check?
    Queenbee

you could get the death cert for him, not sure what it could tell you though, maybe hope for a family member on it.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      you could get the death cert for him, not sure what it could tell you though, maybe hope for a family member on it.
      He married and had children so I would expect one of them to be the informant. But if I can get it for £2.50 it's not a waste if I don't learn anything.

I suppose I'd just have to get lucky and hope for some sort of bastardy records.
      Queenbee

Comment

Working...
      X