Signature comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature comparison

Is it possible that this is the same person. Signature 1 in 1782 on marriage allegation, and signature 2 in 1801 on will admon

Francis 1782.png

Francis 1801.png

Marriage allegation: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

Will : https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...909692%2f00507

Thanks
    Last edited by ozgirl; 04-02-24, 16:21.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I would say definitely yes. There are a lot of distinctive features - in particular the little twiddle on the cross bar of the F and the final l of Percival.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

And considering that there is a gap of 19 years between signatures and writing may change I would agree wholeheartedly with Gardengirl and conclude it is the same person.
      Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Its a yes from me as well.

Comment

Also a yes from me.

Consider the number of years between the two signatures, and also the fact that he might not have written his signature exactly the same way even if writing one after the other.

I know my signature is never exactly the same. Many years ago, a bank in Australia made me repeat my signature on $3,000 worth of Traveller's Cheques, because the first time "was not identical to the first signature on the cheques".

Ever felt that you were committing fraud???? I had to write so slowly to ensure that signature #3 was identical to #1
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank you all. So I have now looked and have found some baptisms for Francis and Catherine in London:

Elizabeth, 1785
            Mary Elizabeth 1787
            Wooldridge Henry (this really confirmed things as Wooldridge was Francis' mothers maiden name!) 1789
            James 1791
            John 1793
            Harriet 1799.

I can see Francis in the Land Tax records in London until 1808, but then it seems the entire family vanish and I can find no trace of them after this. Francis was born in 1754 in Barkby in Leicestershire, and there is a death for a Francis Percival b 1755 in Northampton in 1823. can anyone find anything more of the family?
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
            X