scots artists/painters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scots artists/painters

I had a surprising message on ancestry today. It was from a lady asking if she can use a photo of Alexander McKerrow, my 2 x great grandfather. However she was referring to the one that I had put against my 2 x great grandfather but after I realised its the one of the 'other' Alexander McKerrow and not my one so I had to explain its a long story but thats not the photo of him so I quickly changed it to the one of his headstone. Anyway why she wanted it is becausse she is on a forum about scottish artists and painters and there are 2 painting signed by A. McKerrow. there is another initial which is hard to read but somebody has said it is S but because it looks joint to the M its difficult to decipher but S would be for Sloan his mothers maiden name. Familytreeforum gets mentioned in the thread a few times so they have obviously seen my threads on here about the McKerrow family. I was trying to follow the thread and work out where it is from but its beyond my technology. There are 2 lovely paintings of greyhounds from 1856. I am curious to know if these paintings still exist and are on show or are they just printed in a book. I tried to explain this to the person that asked for my permission to use my photo but I dont think they understood what I was asking
    So if I may I will post the link here and then if anybody can work out what its all about and why its now come to light I would be most interested.https://www.artuk.org/artdetective/d...this-greyhound

Ho Gloryer, I haven’t read the whole thread but at the top on the right there is a panel which says the painting is in the collection of the Biggar Museum Trust​. Perhaps if you contact them they will be able to tell you more about the paintings.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
      Ho Gloryer, I haven’t read the whole thread but at the top on the right there is a panel which says the painting is in the collection of the Biggar Museum Trust​. Perhaps if you contact them they will be able to tell you more about the paintings.
      Thank you

Comment

email sent thank you

Comment

Working...
        X