Name options for Hettie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name options for Hettie

I've got an old family photo and with an aunts help (and some old notes from a now departed grandparent) we're worked out who everyone is except for 1.

On the back everyone is labelled and one lady is called Hettie. But I don't have that name in the tree! We know its a family photo and everyone else is a relation.

Options I've got are:

Kathleen Thryza
    Gweneth Margaret
    Ellen Elizabeth (but seens to go as Nellie on other docs)
    Mildred Blanche

is Hettie a common nickname for any of these names?
    Queenbee

my mothers aunt was Hettie, she was Henrietta, which is none of those, not a lot of help.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-01-24, 21:57.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

cbcarolyn that at least makes sense!!
      Queenbee

Comment

I'd say Harriett too.. I love that name though.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It is short for Hester too. Maybe along those lines perhaps then Esther too?
          Maybe she was a close friend of the family - often called an aunt by the younger ones.
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 15-01-24, 08:19.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

On the other hand it may be a pet name which is unrelated to her real name! That is not uncommon in my family.
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              On the other hand it may be a pet name which is unrelated to her real name! That is not uncommon in my family.
              Anne
              This is looking to be most likely. The picture is labelled as Slade family in back garden so don't think it would have 1 random family friend in it.

Such a shame. Will have to hope some other pictures come to light to help us identify her
              Queenbee

Comment

Hettie is also a forename in its own right. (Some thousands feature in the GRO birth index.) Could also have been preceded by a first forename, but known within the family by her middle name.
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Heather?
                  Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Solved it!

Caroline Hester Swaffield. I was looking at the wrong generation. But also got I contact with someone on ancestry that looked to be related from this side (and he is) and he put me on the right track.

So nice to be able to properly identify everyone in the picture at last.
                    Queenbee

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
                      Solved it!

Caroline Hester Swaffield. I was looking at the wrong generation. But also got I contact with someone on ancestry that looked to be related from this side (and he is) and he put me on the right track.

So nice to be able to properly identify everyone in the picture at last.
                      YAY!!! well done you!
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Well done. Lovely to put faces to names!!
                        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                        X