Clara Rivers baptism abt 1705 (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clara Rivers baptism abt 1705 (ish)

I have a Clara Rivers who married Thomas Combes 12th Jun 1728 Rogate, West Sussex. This is a direct decendant so I've traced both of them through their son John.

John was born 1735 and baptised in Headley, Hampshire where is later died aged 68.

I haven't been able to pinpoint a baptism for Clara, mainly due to not geing 100% sure where she came from. Normally marriages take place in the brides parish, but there is a possible one in 1701 in Binstead, Hampshire.

Husband Thomas Combed was baptised in 1696 n Surrey so no idea where Sussex comes in.

I dont gave a find my past subscription, and i dont like to rely soley on Family Search. Can anyone take a look and see what you can find. Any info on Clara, Thomas or immediate family appreciated.
    Queenbee

not all trees are correct ...this one says she was born 25th november 1701 in Binstead ,Hampshire - but also gives her parents and both sets of grandparents ?
    Last edited by garstonite; 28-12-23, 07:27.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

This one also says Binstead - but her name was Clase Clara Rivers and gives parents and both sets of grandparents - also states Thomas was born in Headley ,Hampshire ???

added just noticed it states they have a daughter Ann b 1739 in Headley - she marries William Taphouse
      Last edited by garstonite; 28-12-23, 07:47.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
          This one also says Binstead - but her name was Clase Clara Rivers and gives parents and both sets of grandparents - also states Thomas was born in Headley ,Hampshire ???

added just noticed it states they have a daughter Ann b 1739 in Headley - she marries William Taphouse
          I've seen an image of the record where urs transcribed as Chase. It's written quite oddly, almost with a capital letter where the R would be. I'm not entirely convinced by it....

Not found any other children either so will look into Ann. Thank you
          Queenbee

Comment

Clara/Chase Rivers is probably my 6th x great grandmother ...... just randomly thought I would log in and saw this thread!
            Her daughter Ann married William Taphouse. I am descended from their daughter Sarah/Sally who married Samuel Lewcock in Farnham.

Strangely we once lived in Headley - no idea then of family connections there or in Farnham.

Quite a lot on my website about their genealogy.

Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
              Clara/Chase Rivers is probably my 6th x great grandmother ...... just randomly thought I would log in and saw this thread!
              Her daughter Ann married William Taphouse. I am descended from their daughter Sarah/Sally who married Samuel Lewcock in Farnham.

Strangely we once lived in Headley - no idea then of family connections there or in Farnham.

Quite a lot on my website about their genealogy.
              Hi cousin (in law)!!!!

Clara and Thomas are my husbands 7x great grandparents through their son John who married Abigail Whiteland.

What's your website? I'd love to take a look
              Queenbee

Comment

Rogate is only just over the border into Sussex. Is your direct ancestor the John who married Abigail Whiteland? I have their children but haven't followed their line (yet) otherwise.
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post

Hi cousin (in law)!!!!

Clara and Thomas are my husbands 7x great grandparents through their son John who married Abigail Whiteland.

What's your website? I'd love to take a look
                  It used to be in my signature. Here you go: https://lewcock.one-name.net

https://lewcock.one-name.net/tng/getperson.php?personID=I8562&tree=tree1
                  Last edited by Caroline; 28-12-23, 11:28.
                  Caroline

Comment

John Owen Smith's website(s) has copious amounts of information about Headley including the registers. It is the one in Hampshire, not the one further away in Surrey.

Headley, Hedley, Arford, Standford, Headley Down, Barford, Wishanger, Sleaford, Hollywater, Trottsford, Grayshott, Greyshott, watermill, Hampshire, Hants, local, history, historical, Domesday, Doomsday, water, mill, village, parish, information, records, archive, Lindford, Bordon, Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven, Fleetwood Mac
                    Last edited by Caroline; 28-12-23, 11:47.
                    Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                      Rogate is only just over the border into Sussex. Is your direct ancestor the John who married Abigail Whiteland? I have their children but haven't followed their line (yet) otherwise.
                      Yep that's us. The family don't go very far, only to Haslemere and a lot if the current lot are still there.

Let me know if you want any info from John/Abigail onwards.
                      Queenbee

Comment

Wow Caroline your website and tree are amazing!

interesting the Thomas's ancestors are from Bramshott - my husband still has family living literally over the road in Liphook!! This family line really aren't big travellors!!
                        Queenbee

Comment

Working...
                        X