1861 Census, Hull

Henry Ward; Head 26 occ Painter b. Hull
    Mary A ; Wife 21 b Lincs
    Charlotte A; dau 1 b. Hull

1871 Census Hull

Henry Ward; Head 36. Occ Painter b. Hull
    Mary A; Wife 31 b. Lincs
    Charlotte A; dau 11 b. Hull

*Ref note last entry in first household on the page is an Ann Bolsover age 14, dom serv

1881 Census Hull
    Henry Ward; Head age 47. Occ Painter b. Hull
    Mildred ; Wife age 28 b. Hull
    Wm Hy; son age 3 b.Hull
    Laurence E; son, age 1 b. Hull

1891 not found

1901 Hull
    Henry Ward; Head 66. Occ House Painter no pob noted
    Mildred M; Wife age 44 no pob
    William H; Son age 23 Shipyard labourer b. Hull
    Fred J; son age 19 " " "
    Charles H. son age 14 " " "
    Annie M; dau age 11 b. Hull
    Sydney A; son age 9 b. Hull

1911 Mildred Mary Ward noted as a widow, all children in household except Charles
    ==

The 1861 & 1871 seem to be Henry Ward and Mary Ann Kyme. Marriage of Henry Ward to Mary Kyme in 1858

From 1881, based on bmd for the children it seems to be Henry Ward and Mildred Bolsover, marriage of a Henry Ward to Mildred Bolsover in Hull in 1878.

I can't find a census or clues to what happened to Charlotte or Mary Ann after 1871 or a pre 1881 census/birth for Mildred. My best guess is she might be the un-named female birth in M qtr 1858 Hull with mmn Hewson but I can't be sure. It's for a quick and dirty DNA tree to a match who descends from Sydney/Sidney and some odd distant matches that are cropping up.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Re Mildred Mary Bolsover:
    found her quite straightforwardly on FMP in 1871, aged 18, born Hull, domestic servant in household of Will Graham, an Irish widower aged 58, living in Hull. She’s badly mistranscribed on Ancestry as Myldred Bolsorser.

Her birth:
    Mildred May Bolsover
    1853[1853]
    Apr-May-Jun
    Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire East Riding, England
    9d

Also - sentenced at Scarborough to 3 months imprisonment with hard labour for theft of a travelling rug. The date recorded is 31st Dec 1874. There is also a newspaper article re the case on FMP. I can only see the the thumbnail below as my sub doesn’t include newspapers.
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks, birth record in the maiden name of Hewsen which seems to tie in with the other births I found. My dna match could be anything from a 1c3r through to a 3rd cousin with everything inbetween all around the same probability, all I know for sure is his grandfather Sydney arrived in Lincoln sometime between 1911 and 1921 and lived 3 doors from my maternal grandparents. that's the point in my maternal line where the dna and paperwork start to contradict each other.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
      X