another webb conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Thank you loltel seeing it kind of gives a sense of 'more'.

So we need to see if John Webb/Benjamin are related? now we think that Georges dad IS Benjamin we need to do a bit of legwork? I see that annette.humphreys has found census returns though we can't see them atm. Can you please post them Annette?

loltel do you have your grandfathers [George William 1892-1970] BMD certs at all? any witness clues on his marriage cert?

daisy watson was my grans sister and ernie hammond was grandads step father

from what i can hear, its seems john and benjamin are brothers or 1st cousins

grandads registration

Lorraine

Comment

And your grandads birth cert states that Alfred George is his father? do addresses match up from certs and census? I know I'm going over old ground but just want to make sure nothing is missed.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

you can see all the baptisms of Benjamin and catherine on Ancestry

I think these are the ones that annette.humphreys have found
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Sarah Webb
          12 Jan 1817 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine​

William Webb
          6 Dec 1818 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

James Webb
          15 Jul 1821 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

Anne Webb
          25 May 1823 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

Charles Webb
          17 Aug 1828 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

George Webb
          17 Jul 1825 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

Eliza Webb
          1 May 1831 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

Henry Webb
          9 Jun 1833 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine

Jane Webb
          3 Jan 1836 St Andrew, Enfield Enfield Benjamin,
          Catherine​
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

the last few (not looked at them all) are at Whitewebbs, which is where George is living in 1861

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=402512494112

Caroline's mother Ann remarriage to John https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=402512512505

Just reiterating Annettes findings, in case you can't find on Ancestry.
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 05-09-23, 22:42.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

1841 census on Ancestry has transcribed Benjamin and family as Hells instead of Webb in Enfield.

1851 census on Ancestry has transcribed Benjamin as Beny (rather than Benj) Webb in Enfield.

I note that when John Webb married Ann Hart in 1862 he was a widower and father was a Daniel Webb, labourer.

Annette

Comment

Originally posted by annette.humphreys View Post
                1841 census on Ancestry has transcribed Benjamin and family as Hells instead of Webb in Enfield.

1851 census on Ancestry has transcribed Benjamin as Beny (rather than Benj) Webb in Enfield.

I note that when John Webb married Ann Hart in 1862 he was a widower and father was a Daniel Webb, labourer.

Annette
                ahhh thank you annette.humphreys I did notice that John Webb marriage to Ann Hart but discounted it as the father was Daniel. I did have a bit of a giggle when I saw Beny, I almost corrected it on ancestry too. I know I did Caroline Hart [from Hurt].
                Julie

Comment

And your grandads birth cert states that Alfred George is his father? do addresses match up from certs and census? I know I'm going over old ground but just want to make sure nothing is missed.
                  only difference between birth cert and bapt record is the door number
                  1891 in stone terrace, marsh side
                  1892 birth cert say studd cottage, marsh side
                  so everything matches up

Lorraine

Comment

ahhh thank you annette.humphreys I did notice that John Webb marriage to Ann Hart but discounted it as the father was Daniel. I did have a bit of a giggle when I saw Beny, I almost corrected it on ancestry too. I know I did Caroline Hart [from Hurt].
                    ah ha, so it was you... that messed up my reader lol i had it set to hurt
                    Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                      the last few (not looked at them all) are at Whitewebbs, which is where George is living in 1861

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=402512494112

Caroline's mother Ann remarriage to John https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=402512512505

Just reiterating Annettes findings, in case you can't find on Ancestry.
                      thank you

Whitewebbs was a huge country estate back then, now it is mainly a golf course and woodland and equestrian centres, the main whitewebbs house still remains in part and is a restaurant.
                      all those years later and i still live there, albeit one tiny little bit on the edge of the original estate now called whitewebbs lane
                      Last edited by loltel; 06-09-23, 10:03.
                      Lorraine

Comment

A descriptive history of Whitewebbs and its environs, in the London Borough of Enfield. With two photos, a map, and the legend of King James and the tinker.

just for interest if anyone comes across Whitewebbs addresses etc
                        Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by loltel View Post

ah ha, so it was you... that messed up my reader lol i had it set to hurt
                          Oh I'm sorry Lorraine, I'll slap my wrist! x
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by loltel View Post

thank you

Whitewebbs was a huge country estate back then, now it is mainly a golf course and woodland and equestrian centres, the main whitewebbs house still remains in part and is a restaurant.
                            all those years later and i still live there, albeit one tiny little bit on the edge of the original estate now called whitewebbs lane
                            I know the area vaguely an Aunt used to live in Enfield (Bush Hill park) and another in Goffs Oak, we used t0 drive near there, and as a teenager had friends in the area and Waltham Cross. have visited Capel Manor gardens too - I assume that must have been part of the estate too
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                            X