Scotland births and death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland births and death

I think that this is impossible but I will ask anyway.
    On the 1911 census in Scotland for a family I am researching it states 8 children born ...7 still living. The one who died is who I am trying to find. However I have no date and no name. Also 4 of the children alive were born in Scotland and the other 3 were born in Devon.

I know I can look on Free BMD to look at english birth and death records. Is there an equivalent for Scotland. It will take me a long time to go through records I know but if there is any other way I cant think of it.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Ann

Bear in mind there may be no birth record, just a death. If the child died in scotland after 1855 it should be easy to find the death, as mother's maiden name is included on the index.

Comment

Thank you for replying.
      Where do I go to find the index for Scotland
      Regards
      Ann

Comment

Look on Scotlands People

Comment

As teasie says, scotlandspeople is the site for census images, bmd records and parish records. You need credits to obtain records.

Scottish death certs record both parents names and mother's maiden name is included in the death index.

For england the GRO website now includes mother's maiden name in the birth index.

Comment

Thank you I will look at that
            Regards
            Ann

Comment

Working...
            X