WW1 badge help, King's Liverpool Regiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW1 badge help, King's Liverpool Regiment

These are my grandfather's WW1 medals and cap badge, and two additional badges on khaki, two blue chevrons and a brownish gold strip, these are the ones I would like to identify.

He was Private 103559 13th Kings Liverpool Regiment.

The single strait chevron is a wound stripe. The V chevrons indicate overseas service. If you google the long long trail this will explain all.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

grumpy thank you very much, dad's cousin thinks he was gassed so that would probably count as wounded.

Comment

I put them on a local (to where grandad lived) Facebook group too and a young man who collects WW1 memorabilia told me the ribbons were the wrong way round so I will be fixing that. I might get them mounted rather than keeping them in a cupboard. We also have OH's paternal grandfather's medals, and his father's WW2 ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
          I put them on a local (to where grandad lived) Facebook group too and a young man who collects WW1 memorabilia told me the ribbons were the wrong way round so I will be fixing that. I might get them mounted rather than keeping them in a cupboard. We also have OH's paternal grandfather's medals, and his father's WW2 ones.
          I think it's always better to display the medals rather than hide them in a cupboard and eventually when you both pass and the children clear out and haven't a clue who they belonged to. You also have the added bonus that if anyone visits and they're displayed in a prominent place it can be a talking point.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X