Hannah Roe - whose mother is she?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Roe - whose mother is she?

I'm probably missing the blindingly obvious here so I'm sure one of you will soon sort this out. I have an 1851 census which mentions Hannah ROE b c 1775 and she is listed as Mother. The HoH and his wife are Robert ROBERTS and his wife Jane nee COLLINS so I am struggling to sort out who's mother Hannah is. I haven't found any previous or second marriages that would explain the different name.

The census is here if you have FMP https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...851/0007199779

Or here HO107 piece 1740 folio 201 page 9

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Age Birth year Occupation Birth place

Robert Roberts Head Married Male 45 1806 Tailor St Giles, Northamptonshire, England
    Jane Roberts Wife Married Female 43 1808 - All Saints, Northamptonshire, England
    Edward Roberts Son Unmarried Male 14 1837 Shoe business Northamptonshire, England
    William Roberts Son Unmarried Male 14 1837 Shoe business St Giles, Northamptonshire, England
    Louise Roberts Daughter - Female 7 1844 Scholar Northamptonshire, England
    John Roberts Son - Male 4 1847 - Northamptonshire, England
    Caroline Roberts Daughter - Female 1 1850 - All Saints, Northamptonshire, England
    Hannah Roe Mother Widow Female 75 1776 - Ecton, Northamptonshire, England

Any thoughts?​
    Last edited by Gardengirl; 14-08-23, 10:31.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Just had a quick look and 1841 has Hannah Roe with Mary Roberts aged 1826. My bet is on Roberts Mother.

Oh also found Hannah Robert marrying George Roe 8 Jun 1830, Northampton.

I'm sure you will spot more as well. Didn't look for any earlier baptisms etd.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks, Lin, that census didn’t come up when I searched for Hannah. I’ll go and follow it up.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
      X