• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anne in Carlisle pm you
    thanks again

Comment

Beatrice with parents.

1939 Register
      18 Burnaby Street, Sheffield, Sheffield C.B., Yorkshire (West Riding), England

William Bottom 12 Jun 1896 Male Super Check Credit Trade Married 94 1
      Beatrice Bottom 21 Oct 1896 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 94 2
      Beatrice T Shaw /Bottom 30 Apr 1921 Female Shorthand Typist Oil Single 94 3​

Edited to add Single as was missed out on transcript
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 12-08-23, 11:18.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by jb2212 View Post
        Anne in Carlisle pm you
        thanks again
        Have sent the image for you
        Anne

Comment

Like my Mum born May 1921 , Beatrice was lucky to be recorded on the 1921 census as she was born 30 Apr 1921
          The 1921 census was taken on 19 June 1921. It was originally due to be taken on 24 April, but industrial upheaval intervened!!​

Births Jun 1921
          Bottom Beatrice I mmn Priest Ecclesall B. 9c 816

Mistranscribed as Botton on the 1921 census
          16, Burnaby Street, Sheffield, Ecclesall, Yorkshire (West Riding), England
          First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Sex Birth year Age in years Birthplace Occupation Employer

Ellen Priest Head Female 1854 67 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England - -
          Herbert Priest Son Male 1891 30 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Turner Spindle Engineer Edgar Allen & Co Out Of Work Steel Manufacturers
          William Botton Son-in-law Male 1897 24 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Engraver William George Battersea Silversmith
          Beatrice Botton Daughter Female 1897 24 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Home Duties -
          Beatrice Irene Botton Granddaughter Female 1921 - Sheffield, Yorkshire, England - -​

​​
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 12-08-23, 12:06.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post

I think this may not be all the same family? For example the only Madge Shaw in Sheffield of the right age is with different parents.

Anne
            I think they are cousins, guessing that they are brothers and sisters, a quick look at a few trees and they have her parents as Jessie Higginbottom and Nellie has a sister Jessie, father Walter Shaw a brother to Arthur
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
            X