British newspapers look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British newspapers look up please

If someone has access to british newspapers, can they look for an article for the death of thomas dove, 3yrs on 13 feb 1845 at hartforth yorks. Death cert said burned to death, poor mite.

Sorry no luck on FMP. Maybe someone with the actual newspaper site can see it. I think they have a better search.
    Anne

Comment

I have looked on FMP newspapers but have not found anything about this. I find that unusual as I have seen many deaths of children who died because their nightclothes caught fire from standing too close to an open fire. One of my family, a 1st cousin 2 times removed fell into a bucket of hot water on wash day and died from scalds. He was only 3 years old.

Sorry I have not found your Thomas. Perhaps someone else will have more luck with the search, especially if they have the British Newspapers sub rather than the one on FMP.

Pat

Comment

Wasn't sure if there was an article, but informant was the coroner, so thought there should be one. Am curious as to the story. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Can't see anything on the BNA site, checked for both February and March just in case reporting was delayed.
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

North Yorkshire Records Office has an abstract of the inquest (along with others), but it doesn't really help much:

QSB 1845 2/16/1

An abstract of inquisitions taken by William Dinsdale of Aiskew one of the coroners for the county of York and given in at the Spring Assizes held at the Castle of York on 10 March 1845
            Sixty inquests are listed:

- Thomas Dove aged 3 years son of Thomas Dove. Inquest held at Hartforth on 15 February 1845. Verdict: accidentally burned to death

Comment

Thank you teasie. I would imagine that's all there is left to find.

Comment

Working...
              X