Who is Julia Phipps mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Julia Phipps mother?

Julia Phipps b. 1846 in Painswick, Glouc.
    On the 1851 & 1861 census she is with her father William Phip(p)s and mother Anne.
    William and Anne are together on the 1871 - Anne on all the census between 1851 and 1871 is born in North Nibley, Gloucs around 1819.
    On the 1881 William is with a Mary Ann (Shipp nee Morgan) and I think I have their marriage in 1873 in Bitton, Gloucs - both are widowed but not entirely sure this is my William!

According to the GRO birth record for Julia her MMN is Owen but I can't see / find a marriage for William to Anne.

I can't find a death for Anne at the moment that ties in with William marrying as a widow in 1873. There is an Anne Phipps that dies 1877, Stroud reg district aged 58 which makes her YoB 1819 thast ties in with the census I have for my Anne but means the marriage of William and Mary Ann in 1873 wrong!

Could anyone have a look for me to see if you can find anything?

Thanks for having a look.

Tessie

William Phipps marries Ann Owen Jun qtr1845 Stroud Gloucestershire.

Can't see a parish record for the marriage though. Vol 11 Page 577.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Tessie, I have him on 1881 census as a widow with his son Henry. William is 65 and Henry is 28.

There is a death for Ann in 1877 in Stroud district.

Just looking at census, I would say he is with the same Ann all the way through.

Some one might see it differently to me though.
      Lin

Comment

Baptism at Calvanistic Methodist at Wotton under edge. Ann Owen of North Nibley, the daughter of James and Isabilla born 8 Feb 1819 and baptised on 23 Mar 1819. The census said she was born North Nibley.
        Lin

Comment

Thanks Lin, I guess the 1891 census is a different William Phipps! I have now found the 1881 so will trace William on from there!

Comment

Double check it all as it's hard when you don't know everything.
            Lin

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

I can't find a death for Anne at the moment that ties in with William marrying as a widow in 1873. There is an Anne Phipps that dies 1877, Stroud reg district aged 58 which makes her YoB 1819 thast ties in with the census I have for my Anne but means the marriage of William and Mary Ann in 1873 wrong!

Tessie
              It might be that for whatever reason William/Anne parted ways and it would have been much easier to say they were widowed than get a divorce! You could get the instant download of Ann Phipps d.1877 and see if she is the wife of William? that might help especially if there was an address linked to the death cert? I guess it's worth £2.50 just to be sure.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X