death duty registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death duty registers

does anyone have any experience with death duty registers? i have several entries i know of, but have heard it's not easy trying to locate entries?

It's been a while - there's an index (I see it on Ancestry, but I think I used FMP back then).
    Ancestry has a link back to TNA. I searched TNA and found this article
    What are these records? These records are country court death duty registers between 1796 and 1811. They form part of series IR 26 and contain over 66,000 personal names. A ‘country court’ was any church court apart from the Prerogative Court of Canterbury (PCC). We have digitised the country court registers, not the PCC registers. […]

I've used two DDR records. They detailed the accounting of the estate, and who the assets were distributed to. They didn't per se clear up the mysteries I was trying to solve, but shed some light on them.

Comment

I have a few administrations that may reveal the wider family at certain points. I remember once a cousin went to kew when in england, and tried to order a death duty but they couldn't locate it. They said the reference was incorrect.

is annswabey still around?

Comment

Did you look on TNA? They seemed to have a download option? But I don't know if it's the full record or something else.
        I think AntonyM also goes to TNA?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          I have a few administrations that may reveal the wider family at certain points. I remember once a cousin went to kew when in england, and tried to order a death duty but they couldn't locate it. They said the reference was incorrect.

is annswabey still around?
          I think so kylejustin try P'ming her?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X