Trying to find a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a photo

My cousin's grandfather was k.i.a. in Belgium I917.

She has comprehensive information on his family and military history but would dearly like to have a photo.
    Can anyone suggest where she might find one. Maybe there is somewhere she hasn't looked yet.

​​​​
    Cath.

you could try some FB groups or similar, I had some old photos of WW2 and put them in the RAF group so that they could be shared.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Try the local newspapers. They had daily / weekly reports of the fallen soldiers from the local communities. Very often there were passport sized photos alongside the short biogs.

Comment

Try looking up the history of his unit, they quite often had group photos with names. You never know, you could get lucky.
        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Thanks everyone.
          I know she has the newspaper report but there was no photo.
          I believe she also has a group picture but with no names attached.
          I will suggest the FB idea.
          Thanks again.
          Cath.

Comment

what is the regiment etc? will have a search around and see if I can send any links
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Sorry Carolyn but I was asking for my cousin.It 's her grandfather on the other side of her family so I have no idea and she is away at present.
              Thanks for offer though.
              X
              Cath.

Comment

Working...
              X