Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could anyone help me trace my 6th GGmother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone help me trace my 6th GGmother?

Hello,

I have been trying to find information out on my 6x Great Grandmother for years but always seem to hit a dead end. I cannot seem to find a birth record for her or anything out about her other than on a census it says she was born in Devon around 1765. It may be that it's so far back that it is not possible. My Grandmother used to always tell me that that side of her family were German but I have seen no evidence of this....

She was called Charity German born around 1765 in Devon, England. She Married George Gidley Born in 1762, Gidleigh, Devon, England.

If I have missed out any information please let me know.

Many thanks

I have found the marriage entries in Throwleigh, and it says that the banns were read and they married in an Anglican church, do you have the details of that marriage at all? does it say if she was of the parish? Where have you looked for her?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
      I have found the marriage entries in Throwleigh, and it says that the banns were read and they married in an Anglican church, do you have the details of that marriage at all? does it say if she was of the parish? Where have you looked for her?
      Thank you, I have details of her marrying George Gidley in 1783, Throwleigh. I can't seem to find information about her being part of the parish. I have been looking on Ancestry & also family search but this has been going on for around 10 years now

Comment

Originally posted by Willscr View Post

Thank you, I have details of her marrying George Gidley in 1783, Throwleigh. I can't seem to find information about her being part of the parish. I have been looking on Ancestry & also family search but this has been going on for around 10 years now
        yes I can see the entries on FS and Ancestry which is why I asked where you'd looked, there seem to be a few Charity G/Jermans, some before the date of 1765, I wonder if they could be possible parents/grandparents?

I can't see that Throwleigh has been transcribed by FreeReg atm, have you looked to see if there is an Online Parish Clerk for Throwleigh at all?
        Julie

Comment

if you look here:

and scroll down there is an OPC for Throwleigh, her name is Fiona Brooker and it links to an email for her.

Not sure if Find My Past has any online Prs though, I haven't a sub so can't look. Sorry.
          Julie

Comment

Willscr Hmmm the Banns state that she was a spinster and OTP of Throwleigh. George was a cooper? and from South Tawton. FMP have free access to the Banns, of which I have saved the image, if you would like me to send it you then PM me with your email address and I'll gladly send it over.
            Julie

Comment

Willscr email sent
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X