No announcement yet.

Please help - am I going baptism blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - am I going baptism blind?

I am working my way through my tree correcting old errors and improving my sources and citations. For quite a few I have really inadequate information so I have been going back to FMP or Ancestry to find them and create better source / citations for them.

I am currently struggling to find this one.. This is what I currently have as a source "Baptism Percy Eccles Julius Caesar Pimlico, Middlesex, England (St Gabriels) 31 Jul 1898"

I couldn't find it with a simple search on FMP so I went back to Ancestry where it is attached to my tree and got this information
    name Percy Eccles Julius Caesar
    born 8 Jun 1898
    baptised 31 Jul 1898
    St Gabriel, Warwick Square, Pimlico, London, Westminster, England
    St Gabriel's, Pimlico
    father Frederick Charles Caesar
    mother Lydia Louisa Caesar

Source Citation

City of Westminster Archives Centre; London, England; Westminster Church of England Parish Registers; Reference: SGW/PR/1/2 Source Information

Ancestry.com. Westminster, London, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1919 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2020.

Original data: Westminster, Anglican Parish Registers, City of Westminster Archives, Westminster, London, England. Description

This collection contains images of Church of England baptism records for the years 1813–1919 from the City of Westminster, England.

So, I went back to FMP to find it there and have drawn a complete blank, even though they have a record set called Westminster Baptisms. I just can't work out what I am doing wrong.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

I can't find it on FMP either. I have tried the next name down on the page and also a name on the next page = date and no area at all and nothing coming up.

If it's a copy of the baptism you want I can send it to you.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks, Lin, I’m glad it’s not just me that can’t find it. I have the image and the details from Ancestry but was curious to find it on FMP in case there was any additional information. Thanks for the offer.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I thought that was what you meant. Probably missed a few pages out when transcribing.

I'm doing the same as you, going through my names and adding any extra info I can come across. Bit boring but have found some good facts that were not there when I started the tree.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I think FMP lost Westminster PRs to Ancestry some time ago? Might be wrong but they still have the transcriptions on FMP I think.

Anne

Comment

FMP still have the parish on their list of Westminster Baptisms but I can’t find him even in the transcriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
              I'm doing the same as you, going through my names and adding any extra info I can come across. Bit boring but have found some good facts that were not there when I started the tree.
              I’m actually quite enjoying the process because it is really helping me to learn more about how Family Historian works and also about ORA which I am very new to. So these repetitive tasks are a great way of practicing without falling down too many rabbit holes!

Comment

Working...
              X