Fantastic, but very specific, resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic, but very specific, resource

I just wanted to share a fabulous record I've cone across.

it's a full transcript of BMD for the small village of Branscombe in Devon (hence the very specific bit!). Now I know it could be full of errors as it is a transcript- but the real gem is in the death records. For some it has the cause and circumstances of death and for a lot it has a little mini family history regardless of the deceased age.

the stories and comments are fascinating to read! Sadly only 1 death for a line I'm interested in, but its still been able to take me back another generation.

The only way I have been able to find it is the digital version of the microfiche copy of the books, located on the familysearch website.

It has other villages on the same fiche, Branscombe deaths are about slide 190.

i just thought id let you all know in case you fancy a ready into desth records for late 1700's - early 1800's. Or you might have an interested in the village. Sadly you can search it, but as its typed text it's easy to visually scan through.
    Queenbee

Do you have a link?

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

using this link might be the easiest way to access the microfiche.
      Last edited by queenbee; 06-07-23, 21:44.
      Queenbee

Comment

I have found that type of 'book' on archive.org as well, always worth a search on there
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

In this one there are several sad stories of suicide. But also someone died in a Duel - I thought that only happened in the films!!
          Queenbee

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
            https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J7WH-92B

using this link might be the easiest way to access the microfiche.
            No? If you could give the catalog entry, that would be great.

Comment

Does the reference: film # 007940768. Work?
              Queenbee

Comment

Yep - thank you unfortunately, it doesn't include my town.

Comment

Working...
                X