Ancestry subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry subs

Is there any offer available? I can't find the thread with the discount code, which I've used for several years. IF it's still available, could some clever person bump the thread up, please? Thanks
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Janet, the thread is on general as a sticky but not sure if it is still working.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks, Lin. I was looking on here, so wrong board - what a numpty
      I will cancel my sub and see what happens - can't complain as I've had a good innings over the past few years, due to the thread. Might give WW sub a try, if they will give me a discount.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
        Thanks, Lin. I was looking on here, so wrong board - what a numpty
        I will cancel my sub and see what happens - can't complain as I've had a good innings over the past few years, due to the thread. Might give WW sub a try, if they will give me a discount.

Jay
        I wouldn't hold your breath Jay, I asked and they said that there were no offers either now or in the future... My WW sub lapsed last month atm I can't justify having it!... but would if I could get 50% off.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There is a long thread about the (now vanished) 50% 'worldwide' discount on another forum.

Some people are managing to still get the discount via telephone or chat, but others are being told no discounts are available. It may be worth persevering.

Comment

Thanks, DS & teasie.

Have cancelled my sub rather than renewing; for the present. Don't know how long I will be able to last out! It's a 10 mile drive each way to get to a branch library, where it can be accessed for free.
            Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
              Thanks, DS & teasie.

Have cancelled my sub rather than renewing; for the present. Don't know how long I will be able to last out! It's a 10 mile drive each way to get to a branch library, where it can be accessed for free.
              I know that when covid hit, you could access Ancestry from home via your library portal, as I did this. not sure now if that is still the case.

I can relate to that totally Jay, I feel like I have had my arm chopped off!... I do miss my sub, but need to see what things are like before I commit again.
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 09-02-23, 07:37.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Last year I didn't have a sub for anywhere for a while and found quite a few things on family search and freereg. Couldn't do a whole search on a certain person but quite a few bits turned up for me.
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I cancelled my fmp sub, and renewed with an offer on another email as it was for new customers only. They now send me emails with all sorts of offers on old email, saying how much they miss me! So if you are patient ancestry may do the same.

there was a non WW offer that was all over FB, I posted link but it has probably expired now
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I know that when covid hit, you could access Ancestry from home via your library portal, as I did this. not sure now if that is still the case.

I can relate to that totally Jay, I feel like I have had my arm chopped off!... I do miss my sub, but need to see what things are like before I commit again.
                    I took full advantage of the Library home access during Covid. I previously had an FMP sub but didn't renew (prefer FMP but can't justify the cost). I really need to get going on my research again and will have to take some trips to the library for Ancestry.
                    Jenny

Comment

If its of any use, someone has found/posted an Ancestry offer of 4-months for £5/month (not worldwide) - just cancel when the 4-months is up, let it lapse for a few days, and then use it again.

Comment

teasie Thanks for that. Mine runs out in March and I don't need WW any longer - I'll try that out.
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks, folks. Lots of helpful tips there.
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                          X