Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 56: My ancestor was an engineer

Week 56: My ancestor was an engineer

This is an opportunity to showcase an engineer from your family tree, you might want to offer a short biography and speak about their work eg
    Name
    Birth location/date
    Family background
    Where you've found them on the census
    Their workplace/employer
    Any tips on researching this occupation?

Trades and Occupations - Family Tree Forum

[Next week: Electrician]​​​​

Oh, yes - full of 'em. Father, brother, m'g'father, uncles....

Comment

I have 2 uncles that were engineers.

Hope you don't mind but I am not naming them as they have family and the names can be found by googling. Don't usually worry about older relations.

First one my Mums Brother was an engineer at Ericssons at Beeston in Nottingham

The other one is the funeral I went to last week, My Dads brother. He worked at Raleigh since he came out of national service until he retired. Before that he worked for singer sewing machines.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Just found on on OH's tree. 2 x G Grandmothers brother Richard James Baker.

Born 1827 Newcastle upon Tyne and reported in newspapers to have died in the explosion of a boiler and Brighton Terminal. Can't see the actual newspaper reports as I don't have a sub. He is commemorated on a plaque in the cemetery erected by the Amalgamated Society of Engineers. The only thing I haven't found is a death record.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
        X