death entry GRO help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death entry GRO help

can anyone find the death of john pratt june qtr 1861, reeth 9d 329 on GRO? unable to find the entry, suspect horribly mangled or just missed. i'm hoping to find out the age. i can find two others on same page, thomas fawcett- as fancett and george calvert. so page itself seems to be on their index.

would be helpful to search without needing a surname, as that's the mangled part most of the time! especially if you've entered the other details.

Good Morning,

From GRO
    John Pratt , age 0 years
    Dec Q 1861
    Reeth Union
    Volume 9D page 349

Hope this helps,

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I did a plus/minus 2 years for Pratt in Reeth 1861, This was the only John Pratt. There were eight entries, seven were children, and one elderly man.

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

An infant named John Pratt was buried at Downholme on 22 Sept 1861, abode Ellerton Abbey.
        There is a corresponding bp - Downholme, 12 Sept 1861, John son of William & Alice Pratt, of Ellerton Abbey. William was a husbandman.

Downholme is 4 miles east of Reeth. "ELLERTON, in the parish of Downholme, wapentake of Hang West, and liberty of Richmondshire; 2 miles W. of Downholme, 3 miles SE. of Reeth. Here was a small Priory of Cistercian Nuns" (taken from Genuki, North Yorkshire)

Is this your John??
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks for the help, but the dec qtr entry isn't the one i need.

freebmd shows a june qtr death plus the dec qtr one.

thank you janet for the downholme entry but he isn't the one i'm interested in either.

might have to bite the bullet and order the june qtr death.

Comment

Do you want to tell us a little bit more about the John Pratt you are researching, in case we can find a mistranscription? Year and place of birth, census locations, known relations etc?
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Here you go Kyle. He had been entered as female on the GRO index haha!!
              Anne

PRATT, JOHN 21
              GRO Reference: 1861 J Quarter in REETH UNION Volume 09D Page 329

Comment

Also from the Richmond & Ripon Chronicle, 20 April 1861:

On the 17th inst, at Feetham, Swaledale, aged 21, Mr. John Pratt

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                  Here you go Kyle. He had been entered as female on the GRO index haha!!
                  Anne

PRATT, JOHN 21
                  GRO Reference: 1861 J Quarter in REETH UNION Volume 09D Page 329
                  OMG!! that's so funny... but i'd also contact them and let them know of the error. BUT it does also throw up if you can't find them in one gender try the other!..
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Possibly not the man i'm looking for. I haven't ordered the cert. I need to relook at the information i have and possibly post for help.

Comment

Working...
                    X