Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoebe Beeston/Beeson born but never died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
    I did look to see if John and Elizabeth, parents, had more children at St Marys Nottingham because it didn't look as if they died at Eakring but didn't get very far.

I have John Keys marrying and Elizabeth!!

Also John Everitt marrying Elizabeth!!. Is it just John and Elizabeths that are giving us the run around!!!
    No I didn't find much either, though there are other burials @ Eakring, but they are earlier so could be siblings to John Sr. [b. abt. 1747] There is a Francis and a thomas and james... all died. I might have also found parents for the children, a William Beeston and he married a Phoebe Harpam... but obvs I need to check this lot out...
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Had a look at the 1777 Kirklington info for you on FMP for the transcription

Lic was granted 10 Sep 1777 for John Beeston age 30 of Colwick and Elizabeth Stenton age 22 to be married at Kirklington PC, Nottinghamshire

Nottingham marriages have John Beeston marrying Elizabeth Stenton from Bishop's Transcripts, 12 Sep Kirklington, the other ref for Nottingham marriages with no reference, says Elizabeth Beeston with the same dates and John.

Found a John Beeson in Hucknall 1812, have attached for you
      Attached Files
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

ohh Elaine, that is quite tantalising, does it happen to mention for what reason that the thirteen buildings/tenements/yards were in the paper? {I also have Pindars in my tree too but not sure if they are connected to this lot though}

1812 with John being in Hucknall could well be my John, he was certainly here about 1810 as that is when his first? child was bapt.

Elaine were there any extra bits of info about a John Beeson and Elizabeth Jepson marrying in 1807 @ Beeston at all please?
        Julie

Comment

The newspaper cutting from Elaine is part of

Freehold Estate, Hucknall Torkard, to be sold by auction.

There are 2 other lots of property to be sold and then the bit Elaine has added.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
            The newspaper cutting from Elaine is part of

Freehold Estate, Hucknall Torkard, to be sold by auction.

There are 2 other lots of property to be sold and then the bit Elaine has added.
            so the house he was living in was to be sold?
            Julie

Comment

Julie, just read it again and it doesn't say he owned it only occupied it.
              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Lin, with regards to the marriage Julie, I have searched all over the place and can't find anymore. Even found a Beeston site (the place) but again, marriages were transcriptions.

There's a family of Beeson's around Holme Pierrepoint and Ruddington too and they are the ones mainly in the paper but there's a lot of poaching going on.
                Attached a family announcement for Joseph for you and have just found another article searching John and needlemaker only, so will go back...he had 2 sacks of spuds taken Nov 1840 (Hucknall Torkard)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Elaine; 09-12-21, 19:20.
                Elaine

Comment

Looking at dates, newspapers only seem to start 1810 when you narrow the search!
                  Elaine

Comment

Lin Fisher & Elaine thank you.
                    The names you have already mentioned are the right ones. I'd also arrived at that point in time 1810 when they 'arrived' in Hucknall. I'm a bit flummoxed though as to where they came from before that...
                    Elaine which papers did those articles come from? Evening Post or The Dispatch? Star & Gazette? I know that Hucknall library has some newspapers on film, so that might be an option.

not got much time today as I'm flitting about with appointments.
                    Julie

Comment

They are all Nottingham Review, have saved the snippets with date and paper so all 3 are sourced for you.
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                        They are all Nottingham Review, have saved the snippets with date and paper so all 3 are sourced for you.
                        aww thank you you are a gem..
                        Julie

Comment

Found a death notice for Ruth Beeson who dies 1852, Beeston surname in the paper
                          Attached Files
                          Elaine

Comment

Found a death notice for Ruth Beeson who dies 1852, Beeston surname in the paper
                            Oh, thank you Elaine, that is so sad.

There is also another Ruth Beeson born in 1852, but I'm not sure if she is the daughter of Ruth or not.
                            Julie

Comment

Do you have 1852 Ruth marrying Thomas Caley 1874 (reg. office) then William Henry Cadwallender 21 Oct 1877 St Mary Magdalene, Hucknall ?

Checked the birth of son Harry 1880 and MMN is Beeson, did wonder if you are able to have a look at the second marriage in the library near you to check father's details.
                              Elaine

Comment

Do you have 1852 Ruth marrying Thomas Caley 1874 (reg. office) then William Henry Cadwallender 21 Oct 1877 St Mary Magdalene, Hucknall ?

Checked the birth of son Harry 1880 and MMN is Beeson, did wonder if you are able to have a look at the second marriage in the library near you to check father's details.
                                Yes I do have her marrying Thomas and then WH Cadwallender, I have been looking at her family trying to chase her daughter [Berthas] husband.
                                Ruth and WH had 7 children, only two of them survived into adulthood.

Bertha b.1883-1966
                                Jesse b. 1893-1952

Bertha married Robert Henry Warnock in 1904 in Bradford, Yorks. He gives his father as Thomas F Warnock on his army papers. BUT I can't seem to pin Robert Henry down really... he was supposedly born in 1880 in Belfast, Antrim. On his Army recs it states that he is unlikely to make a soldier due to dilated heart and tumor. former occupation Painter and decorater.

Bertha is living alone in 1939 in Birmingham stating she is a widow. Jesse [her son] marries in 1937 stating his father to be Robert Henry Warnock deceased [Actor]
                                I can see Robert and Bertha in Birmingham in early ER's and then nothing, but then spot another marriage for a Robert Henry Warnock in Kidderminster.

I can't see much information though of Robert dying if he had a dilated heart and a tumor though... I have found quite a bit of info on Robert the 'actor' though, just not good. In and out of trouble with the Police, and one that looked like he'd joined the Police force in Birmingham.. quite a lot of conflicting evidence. Just having trouble filtering it out.

from what I can see they Bertha/Robert only has the one child Jesse.
                                Julie

Comment

Looking at the probate for Bertha I see that she names Elsie Ivy Cox and Mary Cadwallender in it, Now she must have known that Robert had remarried as Elsie was his second wife.. and I think from memory that Mary was Jesses wife. So daughter in law for Mary... I have sent off for her will, so I guess we'll see.
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-12-21, 07:04.
                                  Julie

Comment

a lovely article to find about Jesse, not really what you were looking for
                                    Evening Despatch - Wednesday 29 March 1944
                                    Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 09.09.18.png

Birmingham Daily Gazette - Tuesday 02 April 1935
                                    and this has his address

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 09.13.15.png
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                      Looking at the probate for Bertha I see that she names Elsie Ivy Cox and Mary Cadwallender in it, Now she must have known that Robert had remarried as Elsie was his second wife.. and I think from memory that Mary was Jesses wife. So daughter in law for Mary... I have sent off for her will, so I guess we'll see.
                                      getting muddled up now!!

Elsie Ivy Cox was Jesses wife.. Bertha lived with Jesse and Elsie Ivy for a time.

I think that Mary Cadwallender was Jesse [Berthas brothers wife] So Daughter in law and sister in law.
                                      Julie

Comment

Articles confirms Elsie and their address

no wonder you were in a muddle
                                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 13-12-21, 08:22.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                        X