Mother’s name on birth cert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother’s name on birth cert?

I have my own thoughts on this but would be interested in what others see/think.

What is the first name of Edith Sloan’s mother in the first entry on this page?

I’m sure this is the same Edith Sloan as granddaughter in 1911 but which of the other occupants (if any) is her mother?

Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

I think the name of the mother is Ginnie. If the daughters on the 1911 are the only choices, then I would go for Agnes as the mother.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I read the name as "minnie" sloan. Possibly looking for an amelia/emily? Though wikipedia states it's a diminutive for a wide range of names, including mary.

Comment

Could possibly be Birnie but more likely Ginnie. Not linking that to any of the d in 1911

Vera

Comment

On the 1901 there is a daughter Minnie aged 16 so could be Mary aged 26 of the 1911

Vera

Comment

I'd say Minnie. The informant is M Sloan, mother.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
              On the 1901 there is a daughter Minnie aged 16 so could be Mary aged 26 of the 1911

Vera
              Thanks Vera. That was my thinking too having looked for the same family in 1901. And as I’ve also had other Northern Ireland Marys in my tree also going by Minnie, I think Edith’s mother is Mary aka Minnie Sloan.

Christine
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
              X