Family Search Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Search Query

I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have a minimal tree on Family Search , i.e. 3 people. I have now received an e mail from FS asking me if I would like to thank contributors to my tree! Having looked at what they have contributed I have no reason to thank them as their contributions are incorrect.

Has anyone come across this before and if so how did you delete them. I have e mailed FS but as yet no response received.

Many thanks

The problem with having a tree on FS is that anyone can add family to it but more importantly they can delete or alter any info you have added yourself. The whole tree becomes meaningless. Better to have your tree on another programme.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you. My main trees are elsewhere but thought I would put a couple of names on and see where it took me, obviously not down the road I was hoping for, I will try to find out how to delete the tree. Thank you

Comment

I did a lot of volunteer indexing for FamilySearch, especially the US 1940 census. I receive thank yous from people for indexing a particular person's record.

I don't keep a tree in FS, but I wonder if you have linked records to the 3 people? So I think they're inviting you to thank the volunteers who did the indexing. Personally, I've kind of liked receiving the acknowledgement.

To read and clear the acknowledgements, I've had an icon in the upper right hand corner with a small red dot (star?). Somewhere in there has been the delete button.

Comment

temp.png

So, that bell had a small red dot before I clicked on it and saw this message. That was enough to make it go away. Clicking on Notifications showed me a full message - I think it's pretty much canned, but it did have the name of the person who was sending the message.

Comment

I also have a tiny bit of tree on FS and got an email today asking me to thank people for adding to it. There was nowhere to click to find out what they had added and I won't be thanking them anyway as it's my tree. Think I'll delete it if I can find out how. I once had to remove a whole load of wrong people someone had added. No doubt they have been put back again, I haven't bothered to look. The whole idea is crazy!

Not that I'm knocking FS for the huge amount of data they have gathered, filmed etc. It's just the collaborative tree I can't be doing with.
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              Not that I'm knocking FS for the huge amount of data they have gathered, filmed etc. It's just the collaborative tree I can't be doing with.
              Anne
              +1 - the records they have made available are invaluable.

Family Tree - well, there's a real mess there for one of my ancestral lines. No, I'm not willing to sort it out. Also, it's not supposed to have duplicate profiles, but they've imported from previous data sets, so they do exist.

I do have some of my tree on WikiTree. If disputes exist, and can't be settled between conflicted parties, volunteers can arbitrate.

Comment

Thank you for all of your comments. If it is to thank the person for transcribing thats fine, but theyve added people to the tree that I know are incorrect, and it is a problem, so many people have made but my husband being a descendent of that person I know the people that have been attached are wrong. I shall delete the tree as I feel it looks like I am agreeing to these people and I don't. I am afraid its hit a bit of a sore nerve but perhaps I should have realised that people can add info without your permission. Thank you everyone for your comments.

Comment

So, if you find out how to delete your tree from FS I would be pleased to know. Have just been looking and can't find anything.
                  Anne

Comment

WikiTree doesn't allow profiles to be deleted - like FT, it's one big family tree.

I know that FT allows you to enter "discussion" comments and even disputes.

Comment

Working...
                    X