Renewal discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal discount

At a certain well known site, my world sub is due soon. Today I got an email offering a 15% loyalty discount if I let it auto renew in $US. At GBP prices that is equivalent to almost 26% discount.
    Has anybody who pays in GBP and has let it lapse been offered a bigger discount than that? Just wondering if it’s worth my while to let it lapse for a few weeks or just jump on the current offer?

You’ll not be surprised to learn that on looking at my account, auto renew has been mysteriously switched on again. I never set it to auto renew. Each time I pay, I always go in and make sure that it’s unchecked. It was fine last time I looked but renewal day is 10 days from today and lo and behold! it’s now checked. Something the helpline swears blind cannot happen but it always has on my account.

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
    Each time I pay, I always go in and make sure that it’s unchecked. It was fine last time I looked but renewal day is 10 days from today and lo and behold! it’s now checked. Something the helpline swears blind cannot happen but it always has on my account.
    Screen prints to prove it might help.

Comment

Are you talking about Ancestry? I thought there was a permanent 50% code for subs on there?

I've just looked and the small print says new subscriptions only. I wonder how long a gap you have to leave to be counted as a new subscriber?

Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

No, it’s the other one that’s not a******y or M*H******e. Didn’t name it specifically in case search engines picked it up.

Comment

Should I edit my post then? Or just delete it?
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
          X