Find My Past 1939 redaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past 1939 redaction

I have found several people that I know are now dead (with proof of said death), but have found that the option in the transcription page for 'Open a closed record' is now gone.
    Any thoughts as to how to get Find My Past to un-redact them ?
    DGJay

how long ago are the deaths? It does say on FMP they review all the time and release monthly:

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/frequen...ubmit-evidence

Probably a silly question can you be sure you have the right deaths for the redaction?

they will manually open them, I have never tried, but have read people on here that have:
    https://www.findmypast.co.uk/frequen...should-be-open
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

One death was 'killed in action' in WW2, others at various dates since then.

Unfortunately your second link takes me to the FMP explanation where they are still saying "Once you have located the record and are viewing the transcript, you will see the option 'Open a closed record'" and the 'Open a closed record' isn't there now.
      DGJay

Comment

open record.JPG

Do you not see this on the Household page? By clicking it takes you to a form to fill in.
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-03-20, 13:19.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Now that is odd.

This is what I get
          Attached Files
          DGJay

Comment

500 lines of " I am an idiot " for DGJay.....

Of course I just realised that I have to have to have the person in question highlighted to get the 'Open this record'

I shall start writing my lines now.....

PS thank you both.
            DGJay

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
              500 lines of " I am an idiot " for DGJay.....

Of course I just realised that I have to have to have the person in question highlighted to get the 'Open this record'

I shall start writing my lines now.....

PS thank you both.
              They have changed the system. I expect a lot of people may not realise they need to highlight it.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
              X