• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOUSEHOLD COOPER WILFRED M 1903 8 Ipswich Suffolk
    now i see this how did u see all them

Comment

STEP 2

This will bring up a long list of Coopers who lived in Ipswich - which means there were probably quite a few families who had a Hilda in the family.
      However, if you look through the list you will see HENRETTA - who we hope is the mother of the children you are looking for.

Go back to search page - and do the same as in STEP 2, but put HENRETTA in the bottom box, rather than HILDA.
      Make sure you use the same spelling - that is HENRETTA - don't put the correct spelling of Henrietta as that wont find her.
      Elaine

Comment

In Step 2, delete Hilda's Christian name, so it just leaves the surname Cooper.

Then where it says "Other members of household" put Hilda Cooper, and everyone in the household with the surname Cooper (except Hilda) will come up.

Comment

HOUSEHOLD COOPER EDWARD GEORGE M 1874 37 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER FREDERICK EYRE M 1905 6 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER HENERTTA F 1875 36 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER LEONARD GEORGE M 1909 2 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER MARGARET ANNIE F 1903 8 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER MARY ANN F 1866 45 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER NELLIE F 1898 13 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER STANLEY ERNEST M 1910 1 Ipswich Suffolk
          HOUSEHOLD COOPER WILFRED M 1903 8 Ipswich Suffolk
          this is not he hole house hole is it

Comment

No - the list you have is anyone who had a Hilda Cooper in their household. There is obviously more that one.

Go back and put HENERTTA in the bottom box - where you originally had Hilda's name (see my image above)
            Elaine

Comment

Is it Henertta or Henretta, Elaine?
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi can u get the census free to show u who lived with hilda
                regards
                shell

Comment

The household appears to be:

COOPER HENERTTA F 1875
                  COOPER HILD A F 1901
                  COOPER NELLIE F 1898
                  COOPER WILFRED M 1903

living in the Ipswich registration district, Suffolk.
                  Elaine

Comment

Did you try putting HENERTTA in the bottom box as Elaine suggested? That should give you the result you need.

Comment

got it wish i could see real thing lol
                      shell

Comment

wonder how i find there family spencer the one who died in ilford london in 1941

Comment

By the look of it either he's badly transcribed, in a part of the country not yet released, living under a false name, or missing from the census altogether........

Comment

so i might never find anything on him then,,i wish i saw a picture of ..some where out there someone knew him end he fathered a few children. so i cant get to see the census from 1 a manor rd where he died in the 1941 sorry i am new to all this thats why i keep asking

regards shell
                            Last edited by shell31; 12-03-09, 12:02. Reason: spelling

Comment

also how can i find out what happen to my great nana COOPER HENERTTA F 1875
                              regards shell

Comment

so i cant get to see the census from 1 a manor rd where he died in the 1941
                                If the address existed in 1911 then you can look at it in 1911 to see who is living there if you buy some credits for the 1911 site. Do you think it's likely he would be at the same address for thirty years though?

If you have set your heart on finding a photo of him then what you need to find are other descendants of his and maybe descendants of his brothers and sisters or other more distant relations. These people may turn out to be the custodians of old family photo albums that have missed your line altogether!

When I started my tree about 20 years ago, on my dad's side I only had a photo of him - no one else. I now have both his parents, three of his grandparents one one of his great-grandparents, plus a load of photographs of other more distant relations on that side of his tree. The majority of the contacts I made in order to get hold of these photos were through Genes Reunited and by contacting possible relations through various Family History Societies 'members interests' listings.

Have you got the 1941 death cert? I was wondering who registered the death?

Comment

Originally posted by shell31 View Post
                                  also how can i find out what happen to my great nana COOPER HENERTTA F 1875
                                  regards shell
                                  By trawling through the GRO marriage and death indexes and following up any leads you find.

Comment

Bear in mind that Henertta is sure to be a misspelling on the census transcription, and it should be Henrietta.

Comment

I've just read back through this thread and see that you do have the death cert for Spencer J Cooper.

Do you know if the informant is a relative?

Comment

it say a daughter inlaw j cooper thats all it said on it address im not sure how long he lived there i am only going on what is says on it.. i dont even know this daugther in law is.

regards
                                        shell

Comment

any ideas anyone
                                          regards
                                          shell

Comment

Working...
                                          X