No announcement yet.

cooper family tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell, in order to be able to view the tree that Kite has given the link for, you will need to be logged into Ancestry.
    Elaine

Comment

• well cant really get anything now just waitin 4 a reply from the other tree .
      how do i post a new post on my mother side of the family the payne family
      shell

Comment

• To post a new thread, go to the main forum listing
        Family Tree Forum - main forum listing

Click on the 5th heading down - Research Qs and As

Click on the NEW THREAD tab which you will see towards the top left of screen under the blue navigation bar.
        A box will appear - type your question in the box, scroll down and click SUBMIT NEW THREAD.
        Elaine

Comment

• how do you order a bith or death cerft when the year 1910

Comment

• Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            To post a new thread, go to the main forum listing
            Family Tree Forum - main forum listing

Click on the 5th heading down - Research Qs and As

Click on the NEW THREAD tab which you will see towards the top left of screen under the blue navigation bar.
            A box will appear - type your question in the box, scroll down and click SUBMIT NEW THREAD.
            thankyou
            shell

Comment

• Originally posted by shell31 View Post
              how do you order a bith or death cerft when the year 1910
              You can order online from the GRO here:

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                You can order online from the GRO here:

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service
                the year 1910 i was told u cant order ..
                so you can.
                shell

Comment

• Much more recent births need the date of birth I think. (those less than 50 years ago??)

I'm not sure as it's ages since I ordered a recent one!

Comment

• Originally posted by shell31 View Post
                    the year 1910 i was told u cant order ..
                    so you can.
                    shell
                    Yes you can Shell. I presume you have the full reference number - if not let us know who it is and we will help you find it.
                    If you are ordering from the GRO (via the link Merry has given to you) then make sure you tick the box on the first page which says you have the GRO reference. The cost of the certificate will be £7 - if it is any more than that then you've filled out something incorrectly!
                    Elaine

Comment

• so how far back can you go to order cerfit?

shell

Comment

• so how far back can you go to order cerfit?

You can go back to 3rd quarter of 1837. to search and order certificates.

Shell can I make a suggestion that you go to the WIKI and read all the help pages as I'm sure you will find a lot of useful information about certificates and serching online resources there and you will learn so much from it.

The Wiki - Family Tree Forum's Reference Library - Family Tree Forum
                        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                          you can go back to 3rd quarter of 1837. To search and order certificates.

Shell can i make a suggestion that you go to the wiki and read all the help pages as i'm sure you will find a lot of useful information about certificates and serching online resources there and you will learn so much from it.

the wiki - family tree forum's reference library - family tree forum
                          thanks

Comment

• so what happens if you want to order 1832 certificates
                            regards
                            shell

Comment

• Official registration of births, marriage and deaths did not start until July 1837.
                              Before that date you would have to check parish registers for christenings, marriages and burials.
                              Elaine

Comment

Official registration of births, marriage and deaths did not start until July 1837.
                                Before that date you would have to check parish registers for christenings, marriages and burials.
                                will that be at the records place
                                regards
                                shell

Comment

• Yes, at the record office / archives; also some libraries have copies of them and some Family History Societies sell CD-ROMs of some parish registers.
                                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

• i cant find anything on richard or frances mary cooper
                                    regards
                                    shell

Comment

• Are you referring to the Richard D Cooper that married Frances M Bickerstaff?
                                      If so what are you looking for and where have you looked.

Merry found the marriage registration and you could order the marriage certificate from the GRO.
                                      1938 Q3 Romford 4a 1546
                                      Richard D Cooper to Frances M Bickerstaff

Is this the couple you are referring to?
                                      Elaine

Comment

Are you referring to the Richard D Cooper that married Frances M Bickerstaff?
                                        If so what are you looking for and where have you looked.

Merry found the marriage registration and you could order the marriage certificate from the GRO.
                                        1938 Q3 Romford 4a 1546
                                        Richard D Cooper to Frances M Bickerstaff

Is this the couple you are referring to?
                                        who signs a marriage registration certificate
                                        also is there any census on Richard D Cooper to Frances M Bickerstaff

Comment

• Shell, Richard D Cooper and Frances M Bickerstaff were both born in 1914 and the most recent census available is 1911 so unfortunately, no.

The marriage certificate is signed by the bride and the groom, also two or more witnesses and the vicar or registrar.
                                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                                          X