Where should I put my tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elaine

I think search works much better on TP if you have a tree on there as it automatically searches and produces accurate matches.

Of course, it still misses the inaccurately entered, but nevertheless matches, which may be the result of lack of knowledge on the other person's part!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
      I've used FTM for yonks, so I'm very comfortable with it. Because of its links with Utah, you can search Ancestry directly, which can be very useful thought not infallible.
      Just wondered....if you have your tree on FTF, can you still search Ancestry if you are not a member? ....wishful thinking, I suspect :D
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

OC

So does it produce some sort of hot match or do you physically have to search against a name in your tree.

I just find the TB search facility so poor - for example when I am doing a tree for someone else I might search on Ancestry to see if I can find any one else researching the same names - but I donĀ“t necessarily upload the tree on to Ancestry.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Muggins in Sussex View Post
          Just wondered....if you have your tree on FTF, can you still search Ancestry if you are not a member? ....wishful thinking, I suspect :D
          I presume you meant FTM not FTF - in which case the answer is NO. You need to have a subscription to Ancestry to be able to search via FTM.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            I presume you meant FTM not FTF - in which case the answer is NO. You need to have a subscription to Ancestry to be able to search via FTM.
            Yes that's what I meant, Elaine - sorry :o - and thanks
            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

FTF = FTM

GTO = GRO

*makes notes*

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                FTF = FTM

GTO = GRO

*makes notes*

:D
                Blinky flip!!!

A memory like an elephant, Merry :D
                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

I dont understand why anyone should be shamed of what their relatives did Joan ??? its not our fault , I am actually quite pleased when I find I have a rogue somewhere maybe its because I personally am too honest ???
                  I think it all adds colour to our trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                    Elaine

I think search works much better on TP if you have a tree on there as it automatically searches and produces accurate matches.
                    You have to have a paid-for tree, though, not a free one.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                      That's really frustrating, Julie!

Perhaps you'll be able to find her when the 1911 comes fully online later this year - with wildcard searches, etc. I hope so.

Christine

Yep, me too!! Just wish that there would be some glimmer.... i'll bet that we will have to wait ages as well for the 1911 full release. :(
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                      X