Talk:Northumberland Towns and Villages A
St John the Devine, designed and built during the 1860s. Alnwick Castle was the venue where many of the stones used in St John were cut, shaped and carved before assembly. The building is a nice example of Victorian Gothic style.
St Anne's is one of four churches built by the priory of Holy Island on its own estates found on the mainland. The partly ruinous door which can be seen in the picture and is the original Romanesque doorway in the South wall. This doorway and wall are part of the original twelfth century church, the building was restored during the 1830's and further restored and enlarged during 1870.