Places of Worship
- You will need to click on a County first then Towns and Villages.
- The towns or villages that have an asterisk * next to them, are the places we have photographs for.
- NB: Once a town or village is complete it will be in BOLD CAPITALS and also have the asterisk *
- County boundaries have changed over the years. If you are unable to find a particular parish try looking in adjacent counties.
- If there is further information about a building, the name of the building will be hyperlinked to the information.
- Once you have found a photograph to look at, click on it to bring up a larger picture.
- If you have any photographs of "Places of Worship" and you would like them included, please see our Regional Boards
- If a photo appears in the Places of Worship, which relates to an event in your family history, then copies can be made for personal use. It is discretionary whether you send a private message (pm) to the submitter.
- Members may add their own church photos to the Places of Worship project should they wish, but it would be appreciated if the names of the churches could be added to the Regional Discussion threads, so that coordinators are aware of what has been submitted.
- Some England county coordinators have provided lists of Places of Worship which have not yet been submitted to the wiki (click here for coverage) and those which have been added (click here for coverage).
- Scotland county coordinators have also created a list of POWs which have been submitted to the wiki. Click here for coverage