Oxford records office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Oxford records office

I shall be going here soon if anyone requires any look ups?
    Lauren =)

Lauren, could I please take you up on your kind offer?

I have Ann(e) Parrott born in Thame, Oxfordshire between 1784 to 1790 (probably in the middle).
    I also have her sister Jane Parrott, also born at Thame, reputedly circa 1801/2 but I do wonder if she was trying to knock a couple of years of her age and that she was born earlier as she married in 1814 and had her first child in 1815. She is more likely to have been born between 1795 and 1800.

If you could find these two sisters I'd be very grateful, but please don't spend too much of your precious time.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I will have a look and get back to you!
      Lauren =)

Comment

Many thanks, Lauren.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I have finally got a week off work next week :-) I will be able to do your look up then!
          Lauren =)

Comment

Many thanks, Lauren. That would be great!
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Hi Lauren. Could I also take you up on your offer and ask you to look for any details concerning the Rev John GOULD, rector of Beaconsfield, Bucks. I believe there are records concerning his disputes and court cases over tithes (Oxfordshire Record Office:Oxford Diocese[DIOC/2-DIOC/9) but if you come across anything concerning his incarceration in the Queen's Bench prison for insolvency ca 1837, I would be eternally in your debt.

Beverley

Comment

I will do my best :-)
                Lauren =)

Comment

Hi Lauren,

many thanks for this kind offer - if you have time after your own research and that mentioned above, I'd be very grateful if you could find any or all of the following records:

Marriage: William Jackson and Emma Cantwell married in late 1849, probably in Witney or Cogges. If you were able to make a transcription of their marriage record that would be great.

William and Emma went on to have 10 children:

Mary born c1850 in Cogges
                  William born c1852 in Witney
                  Edward born c1854 in Witney
                  Harry born c1858 in Witney
                  Walter born c1860 in Witney
                  John born c1863 in Witney
                  Fred born c1864 in Witney
                  Alfred born c1866 in Witney
                  Frank born c1870 in Witney
                  Charles born c1872 in Witney

These dates are all estimated from census data. If you have time, I'd be pleased to have transcriptions of any baptism records.

Make sure you do your own research first!
                  Kind regards,
                  William
                  Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Hi Lauren, thanks for the offer. It's a long shot but can you see anything about Lily Augusta Wall Harris, born (illegit.) in the Oxford workhouse, Headington, St. Clement, 22nd Nov. 1874, or her mother Emily Jane Harris who's address at the time was also given as the Oxford workhouse.
                    Many thanks.
                    Cath.

Comment

Hi Lauren. If you have any time left please can you lookup a John Bye, born c1692, Brightwell. He was a Woolman. His father was Thomas Bye, mother unkown. Not sure which Brightwell, Brightwell Baldwin or Brightwell-cum- Sotwell.
                      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

Hi all

So sorry for the late reply!

I was unable to go in november so hoping to go either this week or towards the end of dec when I have 2 weeks off.

I'll try my best to get the info u all want

X
                        Lauren =)

Comment

I am here today and tomorrow for anyone who would like any info.

I am slowly working through the requests in this thread and replying to people via Private Message.
                          Lauren =)

Comment

Hi Lauren,

just wanted to say a more public 'thank you' for your efforts (and results!). Hope you have a good year!
                            Kind regards,
                            William
                            Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Lauren, this is to say how grateful I am for your efforts and breaking down a brick wall for me, it is very much appreciated. If you ever need a look-up at Hertfordshire Archives, please let me know.
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

Hi Lauren,

Are you still able to offer Oxford Look-ups?

If you are, - I would very much welcome a look for my G/G/Grandfather:

William James/Sometimes just James/WARREN.

On the 1881 and 1891 Censuses for Lee in Kent, he says he was born in the St Giles area of OXFORD in (Approx) 1857. I've never been able to find a definate Birth Entry for him in Oxford.

Many thanks,
                                Holly.

Comment

Working...
                                X