Anyone in York?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Anyone in York?

Hey, any York people on here? If so could they possibly try to help me please?

I have the grave number of Florence Tubridy, 1902-1931, 20401, York Cemetery. I cannot make it there and I was wondering if anyone living near there could do me a huge favour and see what details may be on the grave, hopefully provide a photo as well?

Thanks if anyone takes this task up..
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Well, it should get me off my backside for half an hour or so .... I've been threatening to get myself down there for far too long now!

Comment

have you found what you are looking for if not I may be able to help next time I visit my daughter.

Comment

Hi, I haven't heard anything more. If we had a car we'd have been able to go ourselves but the car is not longer here. Thanks.

Comment

ok I may be going to York next Sundy/Monday. I will ask my daughter where the cemetary is and try to get a photo of the grave for you.

Comment

thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Comment

had to cancel my trip this week end but will look up your request next time I go. Think I have water in my oil so have to take car into garage monday morning and with the threat of snow and icy roads I am not that experienced at driving yet. No doubt I will go soon as my 3 grand daughters wanted me to stop over. One of them is 7 on Tuesday

Comment

So I sent another email to York Cemetery and I've recieved this reply:
                Your Grandmother is in a public grave plot
                There is a kerb set on this grave, in memory
                Of another person in this grave.
                Regards,
                Cemetery Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                  Hey, any York people on here? If so could they possibly try to help me please?

I have the grave number of Florence Tubridy, 1902-1931, 20401, York Cemetery. I cannot make it there and I was wondering if anyone living near there could do me a huge favour and see what details may be on the grave, hopefully provide a photo as well?

Thanks if anyone takes this task up..
                  Have a look at this website to see if there is a photograph of the grave:

It does cover nearly all surnames and covers most of the country, if they have a photo of the headstone it will be listed and then if you want to you can purchase a copy.
                  Regards,
                  Vonny

Comment

I have done so thank you Vonny. There's no one with the Surname Tubridy on the site.

Comment

Well that's one mystery solved, Florence is in a public grave with 8 other unknown people.

Comment

I have just checked my Register of Monumental Inscriptions in York Cemetery and there are no Tubridys on it at all, but she was buried in a public plot, this is understandable. I would suggest that you ring the cemetery on 01904 610478. I believe that they may have a copy of the cemetery Register of Burials. If they don't, they can tell you where it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X