No announcement yet.

Joseph Charles Fricker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh, thankyou Jill, that must be right then! The Cooper connection at last! Does it give an occupation for anyone please? We are looking for a Cooper gardener I think.

None of this is early enough of course, but might account for what Zoomer was told about Coopers.

OC

Comment

• Just unpaid domestic duties for Terence Elsie Saunders and the two children are at school. No sign of the husband.

Comment

• Thankyou Jill. Perhaps he had been called up already.

Can't find the birth of Terence Elsie....

OC

Comment

• Neither can I.

Comment

• I see that Kat has added a Stimson to the Field tree. I see that Felix Saunders' sister Evelyn married a Stimson. Another coincidence?

Edit - and brother Ronald married a Cooper!

OC
            Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 20-10-18, 21:00. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

• Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Oooh, thankyou Jill, that must be right then! The Cooper connection at last! Does it give an occupation for anyone please? We are looking for a Cooper gardener I think.

None of this is early enough of course, but might account for what Zoomer was told about Coopers.

OC
              I can not be absolutely sure about a Cooper gardener. First, when I was in my teens in the 70s, I heard the story about a "red-haired gardener's daughter" - no name given, impregnated by a "barrister". Much later, in my late grandmother's memoirs (William's wife), she wrote "His mother's name was Cooper" in the margin as an afterthought. She had also written that Isabel had worked for a famliy named Cooper who were "wealthy ship-builders". So it was confusing, if the ship-builders named Cooper had anything to do with the mother named Cooper, or if she was simply confused in the period of time close to her death in the 80s. and that this memoir can not be relied upon except that it supplied the clue of a "wealthy ship building " family. I think it is quite possible that Isabel was employed by a famly named Cooper who may or may not have had anything to do with ship-building. I only heard the later story in the 90s and have tried to join them together in some kind of whole pattern which perhaps I should not have done. Now I will go read the other new posts and comment on them later, if needed. It could be a Saunders gardener that we're looking for. For sure the Cooper name has not yet shown up in anyone's DNA tests and there have been quite a few by 3 different descendants of Willliam.
              Last edited by zoomer; 22-10-18, 18:55.
              Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Comment

• Originally posted by zoomer View Post
                I have sent this information on to my half-cousin to look into. Thank you.
                I have not yet had any success to find a death record for Joshua Leslie FIELD. I have looked on ancestry.com and the free bmd website and the Mormon website (familysearch.org) without success. I find it odd that I,m not able to find it. Before searching probate records I would need to have it on hand. I would also like to check probate records for Kenneth FIELD and would need to be able to find his death record as well.
                Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Comment

• Zoomer, Kat gave you the exact date of death on post 337 for Joshua Leslie Field.

OC
                  Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 22-10-18, 19:15.

Comment

• As OC says the details for his will on post #337 - This is his death ref -

Joshua L Field - Death Age 97 - Birth Date abt 1857 - Registration Date Jun 1954 - Registration district Cuckfield - County Sussex - Volume 5h - Page 172
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• OK, really dumb question, but I want to start adding the Saunders info to the tree. How do I start a completely new family that doesn't as yet connect to what we already have?

OC

Comment

• Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                        OK, really dumb question, but I want to start adding the Saunders info to the tree. How do I start a completely new family that doesn't as yet connect to what we already have?

OC
                        Find a census with a Saunders and "save it to someone in your tree"
                        Make sure Field family tree is visible and add the name in the box.
                        Then Click "Add this to a new person"

It will only add the person not any others of the family - add those later.

If you have a problem let me know what you want to add and I'll start it off for you.
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-10-18, 22:06.
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

• As adding an unrelated individual isn't easy on an Ancestry tree I add one person as a child of an existing couple (like a cuckoo in the nest) then edit the relationship by disconnecting the cuckoo but without deleting the "parents" then proceeding from there.
                          Last edited by Jill on the A272; 22-10-18, 22:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoomer View Post
                            I have not yet had any success to find a death record for Joshua Leslie FIELD. I have looked on ancestry.com and the free bmd website and the Mormon website (familysearch.org) without success. I find it odd that I,m not able to find it. Before searching probate records I would need to have it on hand. I would also like to check probate records for Kenneth FIELD and would need to be able to find his death record as well.
                            I have added the wills to each person as I've found them Amelia - you can click on them to open up the transcription and then the image.
                            Kat

Comment

• Thanks Kat, but that's going to be a bit of a problem I think. I don't have an Ancestry sub, so can't pick up a census. Also, the only one born early enough is going to be the wretched Terence Elsie Hedges, dob 6 Oct 1903 according to the 1939!

OC

Comment

• Ah thanks!. I will work from Felix. But maybe tomorrow, I am starting to droop after a v long day.

OC

Comment

• OC.
                                  Charles E Saunders and Terence E Hedges added to the tree. You will always need to go to Find person in tree (next to Field Family Tree at top LHS ) as it will always default to the Field family. Have not added Felix.
                                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-10-18, 23:17.
                                  Kat

Comment

• Thanks again Kat. Someone's added Felix!

OC

Comment

• Someone has made Martin Watson have a half sister whom he married! She wasn't his sister. I can't see how to undo this. Help please!

OC

Comment

• Sorted OC! Wasn't me honest!!
                                        Kat

Comment

• Thanks Kat! Wasn't me either, lol. Sorry to be such a pest but the format seems to have changed since I last put a tree on there.

OC

Comment

Working...
                                          X