Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Joseph Charles Fricker

Quote Originally Posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    There was a family called Fricker in Ham. I cannot see an immediate close connection but I haven't looked far. It is such an unusual name however, that I would be astonished if there was no connection somewhere between them and Joseph Fricker. The father of the Ham Frickers was a boat varnisher.

OC
    Joseph Fricker, William's 2nd adoptive father, or foster father, was born in South Stoneham where Telford Field died, I believe. The Fricker name is also quite common in the Isle of Wight where William Watson/Mumford/Fricker, who was actually a Field descendant, lived as a toddler; the Cowes census of 1901 being the earliest proof of his existence when he was allegedly 3 years old, and this was at the end of March when the census was done. I would also be suprised if there is no connection between the Fricker famliy of Ham & Joseph Fricker of South Stoneham near Southampton, though I would not go so far as to say that I would be "astonished." It certainly is worth looking into.
    Last edited by zoomer; 23-12-18 at 20:25.
    Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Quote Originally Posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    Post #298 on this thred - you say that dna evidence shows that William Fricker and Telford Charles Field were first cousins but I wonder if the dna results have been correctly interpreted? OC
    I was mistaken when I initially believed that William and Telford Charles Field were cousins. For the sake of living relatives, I can not give more details about who William's father likely was.
    Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Are you now saying that his father wasn't a member of the Field family and you aren't going to tell us who he was and how you know????? You cannot libel a dead person remember.

OC