Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Rastelli (maiden name Casinelli)

Info has been edited,

Hi I am looking for any info on my mum Kathleen Maria Rastelli, maiden name Casinelli she Died 1963 in NSW Australia
    She was born in 1927 and lived in st helens lancashire till about 1955 when she migrated with my father Ronald Rastelli (deceased 2008) to Australia
    They were married in St Helens 1952

I myself was born in St Helens in 1952.and it says at 20 Windle Street On my birth certificate there is also an address for my father (icecream salesman) of 114 College Street, St Helens

My mothers father deceased was Ulissio Ernest Casinelli and he was married to a Miriam Anne Blackwell,deceased
    Any help would be great , thanks in advance
    carabi

Welcome to FTF, carabi. Sorry to mangle your first post, but (as photofamily has said), we don't allow posting of living names on FTF open boards, and you haven't given any info to suggest that the people you have mentioned have died. As they would be very senior by now, I have removed only first names, for now. If people can help, then I recommend that you make use of the PM (personal message) facility. - Christine
    Last edited by carabi; 10-08-12, 03:02. Reason: info was not full enough

Welcome to FTF, carabi!

You haven't indicated if your mother or grandparents are living at this time. Please note that FTF doesn't permit posts with names of living individuals.

Freebmd is a great source of indexes to UK Civil Registration of BMD. There is a birth of Ernest Casinelli in Jun 1930 in Blackwell Alcester. Miriam's name is not unique enough to meaningfully search without further info. There's no marriage for Ernest in freebmd... I'm not very knowledgeable about tracing UK BMD in modern times, tho I know ancestry provides an index as well.

You may find some useful information about tracing your ancestry in the FTF reference section.

Best wishes

Comment

Kathleen's birth was registered in Woolwich in Jun Qtr 1927 so that is where you should start. She had siblings Margaret L (1922) & Eric U (1924) born Notts & Ernest T (1930) born Warwicks.

Her father's name originally appears to have been Ulisso & her mother Emma Miriam. They married in Neath Dist Sep Qtr 1921. Cannot find anything prior to that for Usillo/Ernest in this country. The BLACkWELLs go back to Warwickshire.

If you meant you wanted info. about your mother when she was living in St Helens, sorry can't help.
      Glen

Comment

Sorry people, meant to say that my mother died in 1963 in Australia, and my grandparents have long passed away although where they are buried remains a mystery. This is all new to me (geeting info) so sorry if didnt do it right. Will continue looking. You say the Blackwells go back to Warwickshire, where would I be able to look for info on that, thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by carabi View Post
          Sorry people, meant to say that my mother died in 1963 in Australia, and my grandparents have long passed away although where they are buried remains a mystery. This is all new to me (geeting info) so sorry if didnt do it right. Will continue looking. You say the Blackwells go back to Warwickshire, where would I be able to look for info on that, thanks for any help
          Hi,
          Could you post the info you do know? E.g, Jane SMITH, born about 1920, Berkshire; married John DOE, born about 1918, marriage in London about 1941 etc.

Altho we can scour resources, ultimately you'll probably need to buy BMD certificates!

Comment

In that case you could edit your own post to reinstate the names, if you wish.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Here's a marriage in Wales for Ulisso Casinelli to Emma M Blackwell

Ulisso Casinelli
              Spouse Surname: Blackwell
              Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1921
              Registration district: Neath
              Inferred County: Glamorgan
              Volume Number: 11a
              Page Number: 1857

Margaret
              Last edited by margaretmarch; 10-08-12, 18:13.

Comment

There's an Ulisso Casinelli in 1911 census living in Newark and born 1901 in Middlesborough with parents Oresto and Cristina both born Italy. Oresto is a Quarry Man so a move to Wales for the family and then the 1921 marriage of Ulisso would not be unusual.

The reference is RG14 PN20740 RG78PN1237 RD432 SD3 ED9 SN123. Also shown is Dominico Casinelli who is Oresto's father.

Other children are
                Margherita born 1900 Chester
                Attilio born1903 Durham Sunderland
                Vincenza born 1905 Durham Sunderland
                Maria born 1907 Newark
                Alesandro born 1910 Newark
                Margaret
                Last edited by margaretmarch; 11-08-12, 01:04. Reason: make clearer

Comment

Here's a death record for Alessandro b1910 brother or Ulisso

Alessandro D Casinelli
                  Birth Date: abt 1910
                  Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1969
                  Age at Death: 59
                  Registration district: Leeds
                  Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
                  Volume: 2c
                  Page: 565

Comment

Here's a marriage for Vinceza Casinelli sister to Ulisso

Vincezance Casinelli
                    Spouse Surname: Kinne - first name Adolphe
                    Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1923
                    Registration district: Nottingham
                    Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
                    Volume Number: 7b
                    Page Number: 928

Comment

Here's a marriage for Attilio Casinelli (brother to Ulisso) to Emily A Martino

Attilo E Casinelli
                      Spouse Surname: Martino
                      Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1930
                      Registration district: Middlesbrough
                      Inferred County: Yorkshire North Riding
                      Volume Number: 9d
                      Page Number: 1235

and his death with probate to widow Angela

Attilo Ernest Casinelli
                      Probate Date: 13 Sep 1963
                      Death Date: 3 Aug 1963
                      Death Place: Leeds, England
                      Registry: Wakefield

Comment

Thank you for so much info, do you obtain it from ancestry.com?

Comment

search freebmd on google - you'll find a website, freebmd, that has put the BMD registry index online.

That website also tells you how to buy the certificate from the GRO.

a birth certificate will tell you the exact date and place of birth, mom & dad's names, mom's maiden name

marriage certificate will give you exact date & place of marriage; both parties occupations (usually blank for women of that era) and names of both parties' fathers and their occupations; witnesses' names

death give date & place, COD, name & address of informant

Comment

There's quite a bit of info. on Ancestry & FMP such as passenger lists for the emigration of you, your grandparents & uncles & aunts, electoral rolls in Australia, Phone books in UK but as Photo says you need to go one step at a time.

I see the NSW online site has your mother's death reg. showing her parents as Ernest & Miriam. Is this where you took the names from? If so I urge you to buy both your parents' birth certs. Although more than one CASINELLI/BLACKWELL marriage seems unlikely, you say your gran was Miriam Anne whereas the marriage is recorded as Emma Miriam. Was her birth date 3/3/1901?

Once you are sure that is her the purchase of the certificate will confirm the names of the fathers i.e. Oresto & Thomas. The CASINELLIs appear not to have registered their children but being good Catholics hopefully they baptised them.

As I mentioned before using Ancestry's London & Warwicks records you should be able to trace the BLACKWELLs & associated families.
                            Glen

Comment

Thank you for so much info, do you obtain it from ancestry.com?
                              Yes, I got it from ancestry.co.uk who have the Births Deaths and Marriage indexes along with census details. The census ref I gave is from Findmypast.co.uk but ancestry will have the same if you search on the reference number.

Margaret

Comment

Carabi - Have you had a look here: Starting Out on Your Research? (In the yellow bar near the top of this window)

There may be some info and suggestions that will help you on your way - and to avoid some obvious pitfalls. There's also quite a bit of info in the FTF reference library on this kind of topic, so it might be worth you having a bit of an explore there, too.

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi CaRaBi - we've been in contact just yesterday elsewhere and I've just sent you a reply on your other post in reply to your private message to me. I wasn't able to reply direct as apparently not allowed to until I've posted 5 times on the other forum, sorry! My grandfather Thomas Blackwell who I now believe from what I've read is your great grandfather, I.e. Your grandmother Miriam's mother Emma Knight is my paternal grandmother. I've been told in the past that Thomas Blackwell originated from Coventry, so yes, the Blackwells go way back to Warwickshire. My father James Blackwell, was born in 1917 and he died in 2005. He was one of eight siblings. Miriam, the oldest, Thomas, Alice, William, Hilda, James (my dad Jim), Doris and Rose. Rose was born I think about same time as your mother. I've some photos sent to my parents with letters when Auntie Min traced my father in the 1970s after losing contact with the Blackwell family for some reason unknown to me! I was born in 1954, and I'm an only child. There are quite a few cousins still alive. There's a lot to share so I hope we can keep in touch to share all our info. It's been amazing to find this connection with you. Jean nee Blackwell, I married in 1977 and my surname is Roman.

Comment

Hi Jeanniblackwell and welcome to the forum,

It is good to make contact with others and find new information and share things.
                                    We too have a PM system but ten messages though a member can contact you and you can reply to their message.
                                    As carabi had only posted three messages her that will not apply to her but I can notify her of your message here.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Edna. Please do and go ahead and notify her. That's excellent �� Sorry it's all new to me

Comment

Hi
                                        I see you posted these blogs in 2015. My grandmother was called Vincenza Casinelli, mentioned above in a thread. Any headwaymade on searches? Would love to hear more.
                                        Thanks
                                        Francesca

Comment

Working...
                                        X