Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage: Kirkham, Lancashire

Hello all,

Does anyone have access to the marriage records for St. Michael's Church, Kirkham? I am seeking the details of a marriage which took place in 1833. Unfortunately, there is no coverage between 1800 and 1834 on the OPC Lancashire site. Just my luck!

Thanks in anticipation.

moulie
    Luke Mouland
    Genealogist, Historian & Writer
    Kith & Kin Research
    Blog: www.kithandkinresearch.posterous.com

How urgent is this bit of your research? FamilySearch is regularly adding to their online records, and they have a large number of browsable parish register images... just nothing alphabetically (yet) between Irlam and Leigh. :(

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I notice that there are other, smaller gaps in the Lancs OPC transcriptions for St. Michael's. Is it possible the church was closed or without an incumbent for a time and baps and marriages conducted elsewhere?
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

What about contacting the Church and asking them for assistance?
        Maybe they know the whereabouts of marriage info / if it exists.

Contact details, according to their website, are;
        The Rev’d Richard Bunday, Vicar
        The Rev’d Kevan Thorn, Associate Vicar
        Church Office: The Vicarage, Church Street, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2SE
        Tel. 01772 687 076
        No email address given
        Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...geid=30844&e=e Lancashire Record Office hold the PRs for the parish too so perhaps a phone call or an e mail to them as I know they can be very helpful.

Edna

copying service details
          Last edited by clematised; 03-07-12, 20:29. Reason: extra info

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
            What about contacting the Church and asking them for assistance?
            Maybe they know the whereabouts of marriage info / if it exists.

Contact details, according to their website, are;
            The Rev’d Richard Bunday, Vicar
            The Rev’d Kevan Thorn, Associate Vicar
            Church Office: The Vicarage, Church Street, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2SE
            Tel. 01772 687 076
            No email address given
            It's extremely unlikely that such early registers would still be in the church's safe-keeping.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I agree with Christine that it is extremely unlikely such an early register is still with the church. Even if it is, I think it is unlikely they would help you because they simply no longer have the time to do this unpaid research for people.

Lancs County Archive is your best bet..or wait for the missing years to be transcribed!

OC

Comment

Working...
              X