Thread: Marriage: Kirkham, Lancashire

Marriage: Kirkham, Lancashire

Hello all,

Does anyone have access to the marriage records for St. Michael's Church, Kirkham? I am seeking the details of a marriage which took place in 1833. Unfortunately, there is no coverage between 1800 and 1834 on the OPC Lancashire site. Just my luck!

Thanks in anticipation.

moulie
    Luke Mouland
    Genealogist, Historian & Writer
    Kith & Kin Research
    Blog: www.kithandkinresearch.posterous.com

How urgent is this bit of your research? FamilySearch is regularly adding to their online records, and they have a large number of browsable parish register images... just nothing alphabetically (yet) between Irlam and Leigh.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I notice that there are other, smaller gaps in the Lancs OPC transcriptions for St. Michael's. Is it possible the church was closed or without an incumbent for a time and baps and marriages conducted elsewhere?
    Uncle John

Blog Entries
    What about contacting the Church and asking them for assistance?
    Maybe they know the whereabouts of marriage info / if it exists.

Contact details, according to their website, are;
    The Rev’d Richard Bunday, Vicar
    The Rev’d Kevan Thorn, Associate Vicar
    Church Office: The Vicarage, Church Street, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2SE
    Tel. 01772 687 076
    No email address given
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...geid=30844&e=e Lancashire Record Office hold the PRs for the parish too so perhaps a phone call or an e mail to them as I know they can be very helpful.

Edna

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...geid=30567&e=e
    copying service details
    Last edited by clematised; 03-07-12 at 20:29. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
    What about contacting the Church and asking them for assistance?
    Maybe they know the whereabouts of marriage info / if it exists.

Contact details, according to their website, are;
    The Rev’d Richard Bunday, Vicar
    The Rev’d Kevan Thorn, Associate Vicar
    Church Office: The Vicarage, Church Street, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2SE
    Tel. 01772 687 076
    No email address given
    It's extremely unlikely that such early registers would still be in the church's safe-keeping.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I agree with Christine that it is extremely unlikely such an early register is still with the church. Even if it is, I think it is unlikely they would help you because they simply no longer have the time to do this unpaid research for people.

Lancs County Archive is your best bet..or wait for the missing years to be transcribed!

OC