Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huxley

Need more information for my Huxley connection,

I have JANE HUXLEY 1600-6 Sep 1640 d GEORGE HUXLEY - CATHERINE De WYREHALL.
    Marriage to RICHARD CRESSETT 6 Sep 1628: 2 sons Robert and Richard and 3 daughters Catherine, Elizabeth and Alice.

Jane Huxley Baptism Date: 14 Apr 1611

Parish: St Lawrence Jewry
    City of London
    Parent(s): GEORGE HUXLEY

08 Nov 1628 Richard Cressett, Gent., Bachelor, 21, son & heir of Edward Cressett, Esq., of Upton Cressett, co. Salop, who consents, & Jane Uxeley, of Edmonton, Middlesex, Spinster, 18, dau. of George Uxley, of same, Esq., decd; consent of her mother The Lady Needham alias Uxley; at Edmonton aforesaid.
    London: - Marriage Licences, 1611-1828

Only need information re JANE HUXLEY's line after her farther GEORGE HUXLEY and mother CATHERINE De WYREHALL.

Thks
    Last edited by Noel Bond; 19-06-12, 11:27.

Noel

If you cannot find this info on the internet then I don't suppose anyone else will be able to, either. You really need to look at original parish records. As you live in australia, you could either use your nearest LDS family history centre, or, if you can give an actual parish to search, someone on here might be willing to have a look for you.

OC

Comment

the marriage info seems to say catherine married to a needham, and was a lady.....needham may have been a knight. have you looked into that marriage?

Comment

Have a look at this online book - No 39 at the bottom of the page would appear to be your George. Might give you something to search on!

http://archive.org/stream/genealogic...ge/10/mode/2up
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Kylejustin,
          The marriage was to Sir RICHARD CRESSETT of Upton Cressett Hall Bridgnorth Shropshire England, my 9th Great Grandfather.
          Thinking may contact Upton Cressett Hall.

Comment

Thks ozgirl,
            I do have a copy of Genealogical descent of the Huxley family in the United States ...On openlibrary.org I'll take a closer look at No 39 again

Comment

Hi Noel

Came across this reference on The Morris Clan website:
              George HUXLEGH. Son of George HUXLEGH [F276] and Emm WINNINGTON. Born about 1570-1585. Of WyerHall, Edmonton. He married Catheryne ROBYNSON, daughter of John ROBINSON. CHILDREN: John HUXLEY [F279], Thomas HUXLEY [F280], James HUXLEY [F281], Anne HUXLEY [F282], Jane HUXLEY [F283], Catherin HUXLEY [F284]. {S45}.

His father's entry is:
              [F276]. George HUXLEGH. Born about 1540-1562 He married Emm WINNINGTON. CHILDREN: George HUXLEGH [F277], Raffe HUXLEGH [F278]. {S45}.

Catherine appears to be d of John Robinson, and George's brother Ralph (Raffe) seems to have signed the heralds visitation according to several references.

Melbanellie

Comment

Also this - a monument to George, died 30/4/1627 aged 66, and Catherine nee Robinson, who subsequently married Robert Nedham (Needham?) Viscount Kilmorrey.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=E...&ved=0CFIQ6AEw
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanyou all somuch for your help I have found an other discution site that has been covering GEORGE HUXLEY, JANE HUXLEY and RICHARD CRESSETT.

Comment

Working...
                  X